As a person you are passionate about people and share a strong belief in individuals’ potential. You act as an ambassador for the IKEA culture and values and enjoy working with tactical and operational tasks in a vibrant and changing multi-dimensional environment.
You are confident and competent engaging co-workers throughout the co-worker journey and the People & Culture internal year cycle – always with a strong customer and business focus and great awareness about how our retail environment is transforming.
You know how to implement long-term plans according to set budgets and goals and you are co-creating strong co-worker relationships securing a healthy, safe and compliant workplace. You are experienced assessing, encouraging and ensuring co-workers´ performance against organisational and individual goals and know how to develop competence and leadership capabilities to live up to our customer promise.
You accomplish goals, complete tasks, and achieve results. You know how to work independently, take own initiatives and responsibility. You express your ideas and opinions effectively in verbal and written communication and are able to interact and engage naturally with both managers and co-workers.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
In the role as People & Culture Generalist, you support the managers and co-workers in your unit to be able to deliver results and to create an excellent customer meeting. You provide People & Culture subject matter expertise and ensure that the People & Culture strategies are put into practice.
• execute local People & Culture tasks according to common People & Culture processes and internal year cycles ensuring an excellent co-worker experience
• support recruitment and onboarding of the right talents in close collaboration with the Market Area and People & Culture Delivery national team
• support building business competence, leadership capabilities and performance by setting relevant goals and ensuring learning and training together with the Market Area team
• secure engagement and retention by understanding the working conditions in all functions and taking action together with the Co-Worker Experience team
• contribute to administrative processes and coordinate between multiple national and regional supporting teams, as well as acting as a speaking partner for external partners and authorities
• act as local People & Culture point of contact supporting co-workers and leaders with everyday people related questions and challenges
• ensure local employer communication is consistent, well perceived and builds on the IKEA brand
• implement a co-worker relations plan that effectively manages all local interactions with co-workers and ensures that all areas in the unit work with the labour relations principles and uphold local policies, procedures and laws
Your role is located in ….. You will report to a Unit People & Culture Manager. The flexibility to adapt to the store's opening hours is essential.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
IKEA is all about people, and our team make sure to bring the best people on board to keep our strong spirit of togetherness. We believe that different experiences and backgrounds collectively make us wiser and stronger, and we ensure that our co-workers bloom into their best selves as they contribute to our business.