• Proactive and courteous customer approach
• Good communication skills.
• Standard First Aid/CPR certification Level C or willingness to be certified.
• Previous child care experience preferred with an interest in being responsible and interactive with children while in our Smaland play area.
• Service oriented approach
• Interest in home furnishing
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. (22.7 kg)
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• Register children into Smaland based on current criteria
• Interact and monitor the playtime of the children
• Maintain level of supplies in Smaland as required
• In conjunction with Housekeeping, ensure Smaland criteria for cleanliness is maintained
• Communicate to managers on issues/concerns/incidences with regard to safety and security of the children
• Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworker and customers
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
• Ensure a positive shopping experience by greeting visitors, being visible and available at all times and managing first contact resolution
• Advise all children of the Smaland rules in the presence of their parents and ensure parents are aware of our play area policies
• Ensure a safe and fun environment for the children by following IKEA policies and procedures and informing management of any concerns
• Actively supervise the children during their stay in Smaland ensuring a fun and safe experience and a desire to return
• Maintain and perform department specific responsibilities in Smaland focusing on cleanliness and safety
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We see ourselves as influencers – we steer the IKEA business by finding the truth behind the figures. Together we secure compliance with local and international laws and reporting standards; we assure that accounting processes are efficient and that tax compliance meets business needs. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders. At the end of the day, that’s one of the foundations to make IKEA even better!
GOOD TO KNOW
Guaranteed 12-20 hours per week
Must meet minimum availability of Friday evening, Saturday & Sundays
Benefits available after one year of service