• Must have a valid security license
• Ability work well under pressure during peak business periods
• Excellent communication skills
• Willingness to share learning and knowledge
• Valid First Aid + CPR C certification required
• Computer aptitude
• Interest in home furnishings
• Basic knowledge of local/federal laws and court procedures
• Maintain a safe and secure environment in the store and on the property ensuring all IKEA safety and security procedures are followed.
• Respond to all emergency situations promptly and perform First Aid or other emergency/security procedures as required.
• Open and close the store as scheduled following IKEA procedures. Monitor and promptly respond to all alarms.
• Perform all operational and safety audits regularly as outlined in the IKEA Corporate Risk manual and the Canadian audit schedule
• Conduct investigations as required and follow-up on all incident reports in a timely manner.
• Ensure building security
• Complete fraud investigations
• Perform accident investigations and complete reports
• Monitor alarm systems
• Train and educate staff
• Perform operational audits
• Install and monitor camera equipment
• Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of Co-workers and customers
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
GOOD TO KNOW
This is a position that guarantees 12-20 hours a week
Must be available to work Friday evenings, Saturday & Sunday
Available for benefits after one year of service