WHO YOU ARE
· Interest in home furnishings
· Have the confidence and desire to resolve customer complaints
· Assertive and able to remain calm and controlled when faced with emotional customers under stressful situations
· The ability to work independently and as a team member
· Value different ways of working and learn from others
· Ability to take initiative and ownership
· Strong organizational skills, problem solving skills and computer aptitude.
· Good attention to detail
· Ability to strive in a fast paced environment
· A proactive and courteous customer approach
· Good at quickly building rapport
· Good communication skills
· Willingness to share your knowledge and learning
· The ability to lift 50 lbs. (22.7 kg) on a regular basis
· The ability to work in a physically demanding environment
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
· Ensure a positive shopping experience by greeting customers, being visible and available at all times and managing first contact resolution.
· Identify customer needs prior to processing transactions & minimize wait times by accurately completing transactions
· Resolve and follow-up on customer issues that extend beyond the immediate transactions
· Work within the IKEA guidelines when resolving customers issues
· Handle complaints and claims in a friendly and efficient way
· Record and update information about after sales cases accurately into the required systems
· Follow all processes and procedures to ensure stock accuracy and inventory integrity
· Follow cash handling procedures to ensure the security of money handling
· Effectively communicate with internal partners and external partners to ensure customer inquiries are resolved the IKEA way
· Adhere to safety and security procedures
· Communicate the IKEA returns policy to other co-workers and customers
· Offer solutions to frequently asked questions
· Create a positive experience for our customers and co-workers.
· Have an overview and understanding of the store and Customer Relations action plans and take ownership for your part in its delivery
· Know daily and weekly service targets to improve our service delivery
· Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
· Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur and/or as directed
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
To provide a positive customer service experience in the Exchanges and Returns Department to strengthen IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing store. Striving to be an ambassador to our customers by providing excellent customer service that secures and protects the IKEA brand and demonstrates the IKEA commitment to its customers.
GOOD TO KNOW
This position works in our customer relations function, you will be will require to work in:
· Home Deliveries
· Returns & Exchanges
For the IKEA Etobicoke store.