Have experience in management and leadership capabilities.
To optimize the IKEA shopping experience in your shop and store to secure satisfied customers and increase sales. You do this by motivating and inspiring your department team using knowledge of the IKEA product range and services, the local market and IKEA customers. You use IKEA tools and the expertise of your team and colleagues to support you.
• Your working base is the shop floor where you lead by example every day, supporting, challenging and coaching co-workers.
• Together with your team, you focus on putting the customer first in everything you do within the store shop. Every customer must have a shopping experience that exceeds his or her expectations.
• You take full responsibility for ensuring your shop is in excellent shape as new and fully stocked, and with the four merchandising basics in place at all times (priced, clean, well assembled and available).
• Together with your shopkeeper, you take responsibility for your department goals and ensure your action plan is in place and communicated clearly to them.
• You follow up and take action accordingly by using proven solutions and good examples. You define your individual contribution and goals for delivering the department plan.
• You are proactive in finding opportunities and acting on them to maximize sales through understanding customers and the local market and keeping an eye on competition.
• You act quickly on commercial opportunities; changing availability of products (overstock and out of stock) and customer feedback (10 most asked questions).
• You actively work towards fulfilling the four tasks of the IKEA store: to act as a highly efficient, and staffed sales mechanism; to show home furnishing solutions full of inspiring home furnishing ideas; to serve as a well-qualified home furnishing specialist; and to provide a day out for the whole family.
• You execute meaningful actions that are based on the outcome of a key performance indicator analysis.
• You actively promote the IKEA social and environmental commitment and work with your team to understand how, together, you can contribute to sustainability
• Assuming responsibility for other tasks as they arise
Your skills and experience include:
• 1-2 years IKEA experience including internal training programs or 2-3 years retail supervisory experience
• Ability to lift 50-100 lbs. (25-50 kg)
• Ability to work in a physically demanding warehouse and fast-paced retail environment
• Open and flexible availability (weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
• You have an interest in home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home.
• You are self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a team.
• You have experience of actively selling through understanding your customers and their needs.
• You are good at prioritizing and organizing your work and the work of others using commercial priorities in order to make the most efficient use of time available.
• You have a proven record as a problem-solver and a decision-maker who excels in a fast-paced retail environment.
• Passionate about growing business and people together using the experience and skills of our people in the best way.
• Ability to independently prioritize and organize own work in line with agreed department action plans
• Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a larger team
• Quick learner who is easily able to adapt to changing demands
• Experience of working in a high volume and fast-paced retail environment is considered an asset
• Experience of working in a multi-tasking environment is considered an asset
• Experience of working with other departments is considered an asset
• Strong leadership abilities and communication skills
• Strong customer focus
• Ability to share your knowledge and learning
• Multi-tasking capabilities
• Interest and knowledge of home furnishings
• Merchandising skills
• Computer literacy
• All potential candidates will be required to complete a back check