You MUST have overnight availability between the hours of 10:00pm-12:00pm. Including weekends and holidays.
As goods flow team leader you support your manager in leading your team in the co-ordination and optimization of the goods flow operations under your control. This important role contributes to achieving the agreed availability of products to IKEA customers at the lowest possible costs. The position is ideally suited to a person who enjoys quick decision-making and solving daily work issues while on the go.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
• You are self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a larger team.
• You are able to set expectations for others and provide clear direction and follow up.
• You can prioritize and organize your work and the work of others to make the most efficient use of time available.
• You have a keen interest in retailing and logistics as well as experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
• You can adjust your style of communication to get a message across to the receiver.
• Previous experience with power-lift equipment is an asset
• Ability to lift 100lbs (50kg)
• Previous forklift experience required
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• Planning, organising and monitoring the flow of goods within your area of responsibility in the store, i.e. from goods receiving to sales locations for replenishment so that sufficient stock is available to meet the needs of our customers.
• Working actively to improve productivity through efficient resource planning, including managing sickness leave, staff allocation, flexible working and efficient goods flow operations.
• Providing input to your manager on logistics capacity requirements in your area of responsibility and the creation of a business plan and goods flow action plans.
• Empowering your team of co-workers by delegating responsibility to help each person grow and develop, according to their individual ability and experience.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Where others see home furnishing products, we see smart solutions to create a better everyday life. With a great deal of passion, imagination and brainstorming we turn colours, textiles and furniture into inspiring environments that excite, engage and convince IKEA visitors that they can do it too!