• You take individual initiative and are also comfortable working and collaborating within a large team
• You are polite, friendly and enthusiastic
• You have experience in a face-to-face service environment. • You are detail oriented and have an aptitude for numbers.
• You are computer literate
• You are calm under stress, are an able and timely problem solver and can quickly build rapport with customers.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• To ensure that you provide fast, efficient and friendly service to our customers on your assigned Register (either Full or Self-Service).
• Make sure that your machine is functioning correctly and is fully equipped at all times. • You understand when to ask for help, when to make a decision yourself and to always keep the customer informed accordingly.
• Answering frequently asked questions from our customers about our store and company. • Collaboration with your own team and any other function in the store as required.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
At IKEA it’s all about our customers, and in Customer Relations we build and retain long-lasting relationships with new and existing customers in a multichannel retail environment. We’re a diverse team that work together to ensure a positive and joyful experience for all IKEA visitors and customers: we set up services, gather feedback and make things right! Our modus operandi is to connect to people by listening to their personal needs and to create genuine interactions. We’re a bunch of people who are truly passionate about people!
ABOUT THE JOB
• Provide efficient Checkout Services to satisfy customer needs and to strengthen IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing store
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
• Providing customers with a positive purchasing experience by ensuring customer convenience standards are met or exceeded.
• Performing cashiering duties adhering to policies and procedures.
• Performing reconciliation and other cash office procedures accurately and timely.
• Monitoring and maintaining Checkout department equipment in Optimal working condition.
• Transferring your knowledge and learning to other co-workers.
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
• Proven leadership abilities
• Excellent communication skills and customer service orientation
• Ability to share your knowledge and learning
• Strategic, analytical and tactical abilities
• Interest of home furnishings
• Well developed problem-solving and organizational skills
• Computer proficiency including MS-applications and relevant IKEA systems (cash handling, staff scheduling)
• Ability to work in a physically demanding environment
• Open and flexible availability (weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
We would like to highlight some of the reasons people stay with IKEA.
Hint: Traveling first class isn’t one of them.
We hire straightforward, down-to-earth people.
IKEA coworkers tend to be enthusiastic and hard working with a genuine willingness to work together. While there are many reasons to join IKEA, if you ask co-workers why they stay, their number one response is "because of the people".