Carts Co-worker 12 to 20 hrs/wk
ABOUT THE JOB
• Maintain the flow of carts throughout the store to ensure maximum availability to the customer to strengthen IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing store
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
• Ensure a positive shopping experience by greeting customers, being visible, friendly and knowledgeable about the store.
• Efficiently assist customers in loading and unloading merchandise to and from their vehicles.
• Maintain the loading zone area, ensuring the timely removal of packaging & garbage and retrieval of all carts on the loading zone/parking lot.
• Maintain a balanced cart flow throughout the store/home delivery areas
• Report inoperable equipment to managers
• Maintain outside area, ensuring it is fully stocked with twine, etc.
• Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
• Proactive and courteous customer approach
• Good communication skills
• Willingness to share your knowledge and learning
• Problem-solving skills
• Interest in home furnishings
• Computer aptitude
• Ability to work in a highly-demanding physically environment
• Ability to work in diverse outdoor conditions
• Ability to lift 100 lbs. (50 kg) and push server carts at once
• Open and flexible availability (weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays); evening and weekend availability required
• All potential candidates will be required to complete a back check
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
We would like to highlight some of the reasons people stay with IKEA.
Hint: Traveling first class isn’t one of them.
We hire straightforward, down-to-earth people.
IKEA coworkers tend to be enthusiastic and hard working with a genuine willingness to work together. While there are many reasons to join IKEA, if you ask co-workers why they stay, their number one response is "because of the people".