Visual Merchandising Planner - Expansion | IKEA | Service Office, Dubai
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have a passion for visual merchandising, display solutions, interior design, home furnishings and design. You have the commercial and visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Degree / Diploma in Visual Merchandising or Store Design
- 3 years experience in a similar role, ideally knowledge of the IKEA concept
- Has thorough knowledge of the role and responsibilities of a store visual merchandiser
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft office
- Flexibility to travel and handle physical work in the GCC
- Open and can work in a diverse team
- Presentation skills
- Time management and basic administration skills
About the Role
You are responsible to secure the effective implementation of global solutions using my knowledge of people’s life at home, sustainability and consumer buying behaviour in the market, trends in design and materials, and home furnishing competence to adapt these to meet national needs.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Production of the detailed commercial plans package of the assigned area in a commercial planning and build up.
- Actively support the Expansion visual merchandise manager in implementing the country business plan and the country Com&In plan to support the optimization of sales and our long-term growth in our new stores.
- Support the stores to ensure the uniqueness of the IKEA Brand identity in range presentation and store communication in order to distance us from the competition. Taking ownership for how we are working with visual merchandising in my country.
- Using range presentation solutions that are relevant to the many peoples life at home in my national market and that it accurately reflects demographics, living conditions and our visitors needs and wants.
- Develop the store layout and support the stores to ensure it is used to create optimal visual impact, a good overview and supports our commercial priorities.
- Work with Service office Com&In colleagues, Expansion team, Sales leaders, In-store Logistics and other SO functions to agree on our national priorities.
- Working with IMS racking solutions in line with health and safety requirements. Working with sales and logistics to find the most aesthetic and functional solutions to achieve optimal merchandising.
Store Support (New Store)
- Analyze the IKEA Customer Satisfaction survey (ICSS), IKEA Brand Capital, home visits data and other visitor feedback and use these insights to work with the store Com&In teams to improve the experience of our visitors and convert them into satisfied customers.
- Work with the SO Com&In colleagues and other SO functions to provide the specific, relevant support which enables the stores and other IKEA units.
- Work with the Expansion Graphic Communication Specialist, Expansion Interior Design Specialist to ensure consistency in how we communicate throughout our new stores.
- Support the new stores to ensure the implementation of store communication using the layout to create optimal visual impact, a good overview and support our commercial priorities.
- Work with my SO Com&In colleagues to ensure that all we communicate to the stores is consistent, understandable and cost-effective for them to implement
- Share specialist knowledge, good solutions and ideas, coaching and mentoring visual merchandiser’s in new and current stores to improve their competence.
- Work with manuals, global directions and tools within my area of responsibility, keeping up to date with all developments to maintain a high level of specialist knowledge.
- Coordinate with the regional expansion plans whenever necessary including commercial planning, build up and opening phases.
- Support with current ways of working and business practices.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.