Store Manager | IKEA | Sharjah, UAE
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are a strong leader who can lead by example. You have the ability to bring out the best in co-workers and to motivate and develop the organisation. You can create an environment where the AF/IKEA values are a living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors. You have excellent communication skills and have the ability to share your knowledge and learning, and build working relationships. You are strategic, analytic and have the tactical abilities.
What's more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Educated: University Degree in Business Administration or Commerce Graduate
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years high volume or multi – unit Retail Management experience
- Must be able to quickly develop in – depth knowledge of local market demographics and economic conditions
- Genuine interest and knowledge of Home Furnishings
- Genuine interest in visitors and customers
- Must be computer literate (MS Office including Outlook)
- Experience in Audit, ERP system and Financial reporting
- Experience of managing teams/departments
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Excellent training skills
About the Role
You will lead and develop all areas of the store in order to meet business objectives, maximise sales, volumes and efficiencies and ensure long term profitability. You will be responsible for all local operational and strategic decisions in conjunction with the Country Management team. You will coach the performance of the Store Management team and drive Co-worker engagement through Al Futtaim local initiatives. You will also be responsible for the store positioning and customer focus in the local market.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Prepare and achieve annual budgets relating to sales, gross margin, manpower and operating expenses (SG&A)
- Monitor and authorise operating expenses on a monthly basis in order to achieve profitability targets.
- Provide input in discussions relating to the business strategy and commercial activity calendar.
- Track the Store commercial strategies set and agreed by region and Store Management.
- Review progress using the commercial growth review documents and operational review checklist throughout the year to ensure operational standards are consistently improved. This will be supported through the utilisation of all concept documentation and will be measured through ICSS.
People Management and Development
- Provide effective leadership and promotes of an environment of tolerance and understanding to a culturally diverse team, where teamwork is considered part of the daily routine and respect and corporation are achieved. In conjunction with the HR Business Partner support the learning and development plan to ensure all co-workers are trained and developed to the required standard.
- Set priorities and objectives and to coach the performance of the Store Management team. In conjunction with the HR Business Partner, formulate individual learning paths linked with the store business succession planning document to identify and develop internal talent in order to ensure the STAR Programme is alive and working.
- Develop the short term (1 year) and long term (3 year) business plan and to ensure regular follow up throughout the year. You will be responsible for the implementation and compliance of the plan and take appropriate corrective action where necessary
- Deliver high levels of customer engagement/satisfaction as per the agreed benchmark from Inter-IKEA Systems through the implementation of company and local initiatives. You must have operational excellence.
- Accountable for ensuring that all visitors experience the “STORE IN SHAPE AS NEW” policy as per the recommended IKEA Concept documentation and that the store is safe for both customers and co-workers.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.