Regional WED Manager
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the willingness and passion in transforming IKEA to be the world’s leading multichannel home furnishing retailer. You lead and act the IKEA culture and values. You are inspired by working together in fast paced and complex environments. You are energized by achieving success and results through people.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Digital, online, ecommerce and/or IT experience
Experience and up to date knowledge of digital technologies and applications (e.g. search, social, mobile, e-commerce, agile development, web design) and relevant market and customer trends
- Understanding of IT and processes that can support and develop busines
- Understanding of all aspects of the IKEA multichannel shopping experience
- Diverse leadership experiences in various situations
- Experience in stakeholder and change management
- Budget responsibility
- Good written & spoken English
- Strong leadership across many managerial levels and functions
- Ability to inspire people and organisations to achieve extraordinary achievements
- Take holistic decisions always keeping the customer needs and seamless experience in focus, to drive new growth opportunities
- Ability to work and perform under pressure, with flexibility and simplicity
- Good communication, negotiation and influence skills
About the role
You are responsible to lead the work to make IKEA more accessible through a digital presence wherever, whenever the customers choose to meet us. You lead the development of the digital channels and Ecommerce business to stimulate more people, both new and existing customers, to visit us more and to build trust and loyalty to IKEA.
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Lead the development of country webs (UAE. Qatar. Egypt & Oman), Ecommerce and digital channel presence across all digital devices for IKEA, with the contribution of all major stakeholders (Cross functional collaboration)
- Broaden our customer base by positioning IKEA in the hearts and minds of the many people, creating accessibility with seamless and intuitive digital experience
- Actively use the digital touchpoints to connect commercial and inspirational content and functionality, creating an appealing user experience that will successfully convert more visitors to happy customers, independently on when, where and how the customers will buy.
- Lead the Regional Business Plan process for the channel and contribute to the Regional process according to a set framework
- Optimize the customer experience in the web, Ecommerce and digital channels and deliver results for the channels according to set performance targets, contributing to global and local objectives
- Lead and develop a high performing team to support the multichannel transformation and offer a seamless and great customer experience
- Develop and integrate the web, Ecommerce and digital channel to contribute to a positive multichannel shopping experience across touchpoints.
- Monitor the channels performance and provide insights, data and analysis to stakeholders, added digital market knowledge and trends
- Participate in and contribute to the Web, Ecommerce & Digital Matrix and its development by sharing best practices and identifying business opportunities
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.