Jobs home > Regional Digital Optimization Specialist - UX design/ Graphics | IKEA | Service Office | Dubai
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the willingness and passion in transforming IKEA to be the world’s leading multichannel home furnishing retailer. You lead and act the IKEA culture and values. You are inspired by working together in fast paced and complex environments. You are energized by achieving success and results through people.
What's more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Minimum 5 years extensive experience in similar role
- Ability to work and perform under pressure, with flexibility and simplicity
- Good communication, negotiation and influence skills
- Develop the business and deliver results
- Ability to apply the IKEA Brand policies and guidelines
- Experience in designing and implementing process flows, workflow management procedures, in a quality assurance/testing environment
- Digital, online, ecommerce experience
- Experienced in working with website development and including search
- Ability to demonstrate and effectively organise, prioritise and manage a high-volume of assignments
- Experienced in working in a customer-centric environment
- Experienced in working with brand building and working within a common brand and corporate design framework
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A solid grasp of user-centred design, testing methodologies & usability and accessibility requirements
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design
- Understanding of IT and processes that can support and develop business
- Solid knowledge of Growing IKEA Together and IKEA Way of Working
- Understanding of all aspects of the IKEA multichannel shopping experience
- Experience in stakeholder and change management
- Lead the detailed work when it comes to the digital customer experience journey in an Omni-channel context to make IKEA more accessible through a digital presence wherever, whenever the customers choose to meet us.
- Have an understanding of customer online journey and shopping behavior, especially from fulfilment and after sales part.
- Secure a strong and continuous relationship with major vendors & agencies, platform providers and Al Futtaim Retail
- Maintain a relevant cross cooperation between IKEA Group of Companies
- Secure to follow the IKEA concept and IKEA mandatories
About the Role
You are responsible to establish the IKEA brand as the preferred choice in home furnishing products and solutions that create a better everyday life for the many people, thereby reaching the IKEA business objectives. This shall occur by:
- Stimulating home furnishing interest in each local market
- Securing a strong brand and competitive position in each local market
- Driving traffic to the IKEA store and IKEA website by attracting new and more visitors to visit more often, and throughout their life stages.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Combine creativity, story-telling, to develop, create and produce clear and simple communication with a strong visual impact for the digital platforms, that engages customers and enhance the IKEA online experience.
- Generate ideas and contributes to the development of new online communication concepts together with the assignor and the rest of the digital team.
- Create and produce new visual graphic elements to visualize ideas, storyboards, and concepts.
- Produce high-quality artwork by combining text, copy, images, and illustrations, both template and non-template based, following assignment guidelines and directives from concern teams.
- Develop and maintain good relations and excellent collaboration with all team members and stakeholders, within and outside IKEA Communication.
- Stay on top of all trends, apply the changes on the digital platform as per the Customer needs, and IKEA positioning and communication strategies, and maintain best practices.
- Ensure a consistent and positive IKEA customer experience on the digital platforms in terms of UI and graphics.
- Together with eCommerce, web, and other marketing colleagues search for areas of improvement to optimize the UI and digital graphics.
- Basic knowledge of analytics continuously to optimize the online content with the commerciality of the IKEA online platforms.
- Good knowledge of different growth management and personalized platforms which can support increase online conversion, and user’s engagement.
- Understanding and capacity to translate the commercial priorities into an actionable plan.
- Strong experience in Adobe Photoshop, XD, Illustrator .
- Good experience of growth management tools.
- Google Analytics knowledge to gain channels inside to take action through digital content.
- Contribution to the purpose of the function:
- Responsibilities Percentage
- UX / Graphics / Design - 60%
- Marketing / Communication - 10%
- Content management - 10%
- Analytics, conversion - 5%
- Commercial knowledge - 10%
- Tools knowledge of different growth management platforms which could help to increase the online conversion - 5%
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.