Jobs home > Operations Manager - Facilities Management | IKEA | Jebel Ali
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are a passionate and dynamic person ready for a bigger scope of responsibility. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- University graduate in Facility Management/Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/HSE/Electromechanical Engineering
5 to 7 years in Operations or Facilities Management with at least 5 years in a management capacity
Retail background is favourable, IKEA experience is preferred
Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills
Strong Leadership skills
Flexible to work on rotational shifts, weekends and or public holidays
About the Role
You ensure safety of all visitors and co-workers by maintaining a good level and standard of cleaning, maintenance and security. You positively contribute to a comfortable and pleasant shopping experience.
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Provide a safe store for visitors and customers.
- Crisis management routines, trainings, actions and follow ups
- Local authority liaising and co-operation to ensure compliance
- Managing the Security providers
- Training, Audits and SEC checks to ensure store safety
- Updating the Duty Manager Manual
- Duty manager scheduling, routines and competence building
- Peak day documentation, planning, implementation and follow up (Lead the process)
- Crowd control planning, Implementation and Follow up
- Ensure that waste management routines and processes are followed
- Energy saving thru lighting and HVAC controls and sustainable approach to all operations tasks
Store In Shape As New (SISAN)
- Ensure that the IKEA store inclusive of all technical areas are regularly maintained to provide a Safe and comfortable shopping experience
- Assets include but are not limited to: MEP Assets, PA/VA systems, Fire related Systems, HVAC Systems, Water systems, Vertical Transportation Systems, Emergency generating systems
- Cleaning of all store areas as defined in the lease agreement
- Budgeted vs actual costs of service contracts and consumables for all store suppliers
Member of the Store Management team (SMT)
- Financial Year Budgeting process for the Operations department
- Performance Development Reviews and Motivation of Co-workers
- Store Project plans contributions (H&S / Security / Maintenance)
- Update the store Management on Store Operations Department progress
- Ensuring that the Internal Service Protocols are followed as agreed with the Commercial team
- Participate in the Business plan and commercial calendar processes
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.