Marketing Specialist | IKEA | Sharjah, UAE
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
To be considered for this exciting role, you will be a degree or diploma holder with a minimum of three years’ proven experience in marketing preferably in retail marketing, communication or advertising. You will have a passion for retail and IKEA and must excel in MS office.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the “art” of marketing and will have an abundance of ideas for building efficient strategies. He/she must bring forth a strong arsenal of techniques and methods to promote our products, services and public image. You will have excellent time management and communication skills, organization and planning skills, Excellent proofreading skills, attention to details, Social Media Savvy. Live and share the IKEA values.
You must have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers.
About The Role
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic Marketing specialist to join our IKEA family. You will manage in-store activities and activations within the primary market area, to increase positive customer engagement and stimulate repeat visits. You will be responsible for delivering IKEA Family loyalty program in the store and primary market area, to grow and nurture the database of loyal members, and insure the retention of customers through different strategies.
You will provide valuable local market insights and customer behaviour insights, based on your primary market area, to the different stakeholders across all functions. You will work towards a stronger IKEA Food offering that helps achieving the goals of the IKEA Food business and utilizing the IKEA Food business as a marketing channel that stimulates new and repeat visitors.
Communicate the vision, mission and values of the organization to ensure compliance within the business, support the overall Marketing function in the development of regional long-term marketing strategy and one-year marketing plan for each territory separately
Work with third parties to deliver results that position IKEA brand as market leader
Key Specific Accountabilities
Strategic Marketing Planning
- Assist in creating the long-term marketing strategies as well as the opening strategies for the existing and new stores in the covered territories.
- Assist in executing the vitality calendar activities and ensure the strategic priorities are reflected in the campaigns. Inform the store about the marketing support before launching the activity
- Assist and execute the briefs from the Regional Marketing/Customer Engagement manager for all covered territories for market research needs based on the regional long-term research strategy set by the Regional Marketing / Customer Engagement Manager
- Co-ordinate with contracted research companies, both locally commissioned and commissioned by our principles, to assess our realistic market position and to help us to place ourselves against the predefined IKEA positioning objectives
- Conduct market analysis to help with understanding our target demographics, catchment areas, lifestyles and so forth that will assist the marketing team in campaign planning and new territory penetration plans
- Support the marketing team in analysing new territories or re-evaluating existing ones by being able to understand and utilise macroeconomic indicators
- Ensure cost consciousness in all activities, by negotiating better prices on on-going basis, and keeping budget allocated
- Focus on aligning store activities and activations with the market calendar and local events.
- Ensure campaign consistency between external and store communication
- Create relationships with local companies within the PMA for planning and executing potential CSR initiatives and contribute to IKEA’s strong social commitment
- Utilizing the instore activities and events to create unique and attractive image and video assets to be used on social media
PR and Events Execution
- Implement local activities and activations closely working with communication & interior design departments, to insure the consistency of messages across all IKEA stores
- Liaise with the store management teams and necessary 3rd parties such as event companies, promoters, local media to execute the planned events in perfection in the planned time frame. Make sure the events are well communicated amongst the co-workers and ensure their full commitment Be actively present during the event.
- In addition to the in-store events organize activities for press members and industry insiders (ie internal decorators) where they can actively engage with the IKEA brand and IKEA products. Plan and execute press trips in line with IKEA Brand priorities
#LI - Post 19
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.