General Manager - Finance | IKEA | Service Office, Dubai
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have a real passion for retail and people, whilst at the same time provide analytical excellence managing numerous stakeholders and vested interests, internal and external. You provide the brand with the best financial information to support strategic growth and successful business navigation for the future. You have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Chartered accountant with 3 years’ experience in above roles or intermediate CA or ICWA with 8 to 10 years’ experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software (preferably any ERP - Enterprise Resource Planner i.e integrated System- SAP and Navision)
- Desirable to have detailed know how of the IKEA concept and IKEA architecture standards in order to implement the IKEA concept
- Planning & organizing, responsible, analytical mind, lateral thinking & good management skills - must have a "feel" for figures in business environment (preferably retail)
- Good analytical, presentation & reporting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and land Change in business
About the Role
You will prepare and ensure that all business information and accounting figures are constantly monitored and accurately maintained so as to reflect a true and fair view of the company in the Business Financial & Performance Reports, across the region. You will also provide long term business view and strategy to support achieving of targets.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
Finance Vision, Strategy & Control
- Overall responsibility for securing that the financial and administrative processes are set up and work efficiently across the region
- Control overall financials for the business to ensure and secure company’s interest
- Lead the annual goal-setting process to secure that all Stores and departments within the Service Office have a clear and agreed upon budget for the coming year
- Compile input to the multi-year business plan regarding finance working with stores’ management teams in developing their annual business plan
- Collate the strategy across region using best financial information to deliver cost effectiveness
- Work with the country Finance Managers to support them in their roles working their natural working teams
- Working with Regional Sales & GM to ensure appropriate action plans are in place to regulate cost savings
- Support non-finance people understand in ‘common language’ financial information
Management Information/Business Navigation
- Produce one-off reports when required for a proactive analysis to make sure that the company’s assets are safe guarded and targets met
- Own and at times, prepare various reports for Brand/Regional Office (sales, performance, FLASH, management meeting pack, BPC etc) and submit to management for review & action
- Prepare periodic margin analysis report & submit to Brand management for review & action – providing best practice guidance on the way forwards
- Ensure through the function that all managers with budget responsibility are provide with weekly and monthly financial and KPI reports so they can follow up on their performance and take proactive actions to reach their goals.
- Highlight deviations from budget/plan, actively coach the responsible manager to make sure that there are action plans developed to steer the business back towards agreed goals
- Support country Finance Managers for monthly closing of books of account. This will be more related to Navision – SAP reco entries eg: Inventory, Margins, Sales and Debtors.
- Collate at a country level, Monthly Business Packs and KPI reports, ready for submission to Retail/Group Finance
- Manage the Fixed Assets of the business and ensures the appropriate management of them via Tagging and Assets Management.
- Support the management team to establish and define new KPI’s to support business understanding
- Check the integrity of Navision system to ensure that the reports generated are true and fair, working with IT and other stakeholders to improve the system and provide up-to-date management information and business tools
- Work with the GM for Sales & Range to ensure that Inventory and Gross Margin are managed effectively, ensuring accuracy in stock levels and budgetary spend
- Work with country Finance Managers to ensure proactive suggestions for improvements are initiated to ensure that appropriate warning systems are provided ensuring security to the business
- Ownership in checking the system integrity on new software roll-out to existing and new stores in all markets
Audits & SOP
- Be the central point of contact for the Al Futtaim Group Internal auditors
- Create natural work teams to challenge, develop and implement procedural improvements and clear prior year audit findings
- Provide the Brand management team the necessary information to act according to the tax and company law in their relevant market
- Ensure all processed including, processes for sales registering, cash, electronic funds transfers, invoice payment, & costs etc are registered in the accounting systems correctly and according to the local legislation
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Provide a “top down – bottom up” process for annual budget process
- Ensure that all stakeholders understand the process and importance of the budgeting process taking into account new projects and initiatives providing support and advice on the financial implications of such endeavors
- Seen as a positive force for change and development of the business, bridging the gap between Operations and Service office to make sure budgets and KPI’s are agreed and achieved
- Support Country Finance Managers to consolidate Budgets across region understanding strengths and liabilities of business ensuring a joined up approach to delivering
- Minimize unnecessary cost increase and drive increase in operational efficiency
- Provide commercial insight in the form of preliminary workings for the capital requirements for store expansions in new markets
- Provide accurate guidance to the business on taxation and other financial set up responsibilities
- Work with the marketing team and the Expansion to support the timely production of Territory Penetration Plans based on latest information
- Provide the necessary communications to the Retail & Group Finance offices to successfully secure the commitment of the owner & principal for new territories and necessary cap-ex
Existing Stores/New Operations
- Carry out, follow-up and evaluation of the pre-project activities, build-up activities and the running store
- Support the Country Finance Managers to ensure that they are supporting with appropriate action plans on improving ways of working according to their relevant market places
- Work with the Store Business Navigators to ensure effective internal audits to uphold integrity of the business with internal, external and Principal auditors
- Conduct appropriate Store Visits with relevant management team to gain insight and ensure a proper roll out of Management’s plans and strategies
- Control strategic pre-opening expenses and capital expenses for new project
Tax and Legal Compliance
- Ensure all tax filing on time for all territories
- Educate management of tax implication on activities in the country
- Ensure compliance to local laws in all country operation
- Study local tax laws for new territories and inform management of business implication and changes
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.