Electrician | Operations | IKEA | Sharjah, UAE
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to priorities and organize own work in order to make the most efficient use of time available. You have the ability to work in a fast retail environment. You are enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day.
- High School/Trade School Graduate.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in building maintenance and daily operations.
- Ideally from Electrical background supporting the asset management and coordinating with the commercial team.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of fire and security systems is an added advantage.
- Strong team player and good English communication.
- Proven commitment to high quality execution within limited time frames and safety is upheld to the highest standards and the store standard operating procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Confident in approaching and communicating clearly with different people in various situations.
About the role
You are responsible to ensure a safe, secure, clean and functional environment for our visitors and co-workers. Maintain the building, mechanical operating systems, non-selling furniture, interior and exterior in “shape as new” to promote the image and brand of IKEA.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Upon authorization, carry out in as efficient manner, the most professional, quality level work possible to project the proper image of Al Futtaim as well as IKEA, and protect or improve the assets of the company.
- Assist the Interiors designer as required, during store remodelling or the catalogue launch planning in his particular field of expertise.
- Establish own plans and lists of materials for the work required with the Com-In Department remodelling or catalogue launch plans. Schedule and complete the decorators’ needs to meet their deadlines.
- Liaise with the Com-in Manager to determine the scope of routine maintenance required, he will then formulate a routine work schedule of, what, when, how long to perform and cost per item. When approved, he will carry out the work as required.
- On all work to be performed, a list of materials and equipment, when required, will be drawn up by the job holder. He will ascertain the best 2 or 3 sources the material and equipment with their costs and provide same to the Workshop Coordinator when approved, he will purchase as required to accomplish predetermined tasks.
- Be responsible for the setting up or dismantling of store fixtures, as well as for their maintenance and repair.
- Assists in the assembly of furniture for display as may be required, and repairs damaged merchandise when necessary.
#LI - Post 19
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.