Business Navigator | IKEA | Dubai II, UAE
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have strong analytical and tactical planning abilities. You have proven leadership abilities and lead by example. You have excellent communication and training skills. You can build effective working relationships and have the ability to bring out the best in co-workers to motivate and develop the organization.
What's more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Commerce/Business Administration Graduate with experience in Audit, ERP system and Financial reporting
- 3 - 5 years Retail Management experience, financial & accounting experience is preferred
- Prior work experience preferably in Retail industry, IKEA experience preferred
- Highly developed understanding of retail operations
- Strong knowledge in Profit & Loss management
- Experience of managing teams/departments
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
About the Role
You navigate the growth of IKEA and steer the business towards sustained long term profitability by being driven by IKEA business, culture and values with focus on sustainable profitability and being a proactive trustworthy partner taking multi-dimensional view in becoming the leader in life at home. You identify and evaluate business opportunities to enable IKEA organizations to make optimum decisions. You Initiate and support the development of new ways of working, with focus on simplicity. You provide relevant and user friendly business information standardized for all IKEA organization and being custodian of Al Futtaim groups policies and procedures and guide store team to mitigate business risks. You use the IKEA knowledge and the local market to work together with the Store Management team members in an inspiring, supportive and challenging way, so as to steer the Store towards growth, optimal performance and sustained long term profitability, in line with the IKEA objectives and values.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
Financial and Operations
- Responsible to coordinate preparation with store team
- Store sales tree: daily, weekly, monthly & yearly
- Budgeting and forecasting : mid-month flash, monthly,
- quarterly , yearly, and 5/10 year
- Store Business yearly business plan
- CAPEX plan and execution
- Manpower budgeting
- Analyse & discuss store P&L performance with store team and follow up on discussed action plan.
- Understand and help the Store Manager to control expenses in the P&L for the Store and identify areas of opportunities and highlight out of line situations.
- Ensure that all administration routines are followed throughout the Store and show a proactive approach in suggesting checks and corrections in the store operational processes.
- Work with department head to in vendor/supplier selection process to ensure best possible service at lower cost.
- Accountable for preparation ROI for all activities and investment in coordination with store team.
Process and Compliance
- Follow up on previous audit reports, checking implementation of audit recommendations (including documentations).
- Support the Regional Office in creating, amending SOPs based on improving the operational efficiencies, but without compromising on the operational standards.
- Maintain store SOP library (digital and physical) for store team access as necessary
- Ensure total compliance of IKEA and Al Futtaim policies
- Continue to investigate areas of the Store that could lead to possible stock losses and fraud if routines are not updated and communicated.
- Show a proactive approach by using information from co-workers/ meetings etc. to assess areas where possible stock losses and fraud could be found.
- Lead investigations related to fraud /stock loss
Cash Office Operations
- Manage and control the cash office functions and ensure daily/ weekly and monthly routines are followed.
- Audit measures to make sure that daily reconciliation of collections are true and fair in all aspects.
- Audit the cash in the Business Navigation department.
- Accountable for the following – not exclusive, however a priority;
- Daily reconciliation of store takings & reporting
- Forex reconciliation and monitoring of exchange rates
- Cheques collection and control
- Tally of safe fund daily
- Credit Card reconciliation
- Gift Vouchers redemption and reconciliation
- Banking of the various tender types store petty cash
- Manage and control all TT types and ensure audit compliance on stock movement
- Achieve recovery index goals while minimizing recovery stocks
- Analyse increase in inventory stock movement and discuss with store management ways to optimize
- Optimize discounts in AS-IS department to maintain balance between stock and recovery index
Store KPI Ambassador
- Ensure that accurate reports are provided to the Store/ Regional Office Management consistently to meet reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate preparation of Store KPI’s for store and regional management analysis and actions.
- Analyse and discuss individual department KPI with department ; agree and follow up on action plans
People Management & Development
- Lead and train the team to be able to carry out all cash office and admin/audit functions.
- Develop cash office co-workers to maximize efficiency and future development
- Active involvement in Store Manpower planning with aim to maximize productivity
- Active involvement in staff planning process for store to ensure coverage to maximize manpower productivity.
- Lead staff planning process in store to maximize utilization of co-workers ( right number, right time, right place )
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.