Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
Together with my manager (the IKEA Food Leader), and my colleagues, I work to support sales and convert visitors into customers in order to fulfill the purpose of our function. I lead by example in relation to food safety, production, quality, efficiency and range presentation to ensure our guests enjoy a tasty meal. I strive hard to make people smile while providing irresistible food offers in a welcoming atmosphere that gives our guests a good reason to return again and again.
• I follow the IKEA Quality and Food Safety Policies and Routines.
• I report any food incident, or potential incident, through CASY and inform my manager, and contribute to creating a “safety first” culture.
• I ensure that the IKEA co-worker restaurant range is appealing, nutritious and based on our guests needs and wants.
• I contribute to an optimal ordering and efficient goods handling.
• I work with the Kitchen Production Leader to ensure my area is efficiently maintained and secure it is clean, organised, appealing and inviting to provide a positive guest experience.
Chef education and/or chef experience
Working experience from events, catering, big social restaurant operations or traditional restaurant business Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a larger team
Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, and constantly changing retail environment
Experience of working in a fast-paced food service environment