Solution Specialist Data Integration | Finance & Business Performance | IKEA Franchise
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. (Core Business Franchise) is one part of Inter IKEA Group. Inter IKEA Group consists of three core businesses in total: Franchise, Range & Supply and Industry. Together, these core businesses work to secure continuous improvement, development, expansion and longevity of the IKEA Concept.
Core Business Franchise is the owner of the IKEA Concept and the worldwide IKEA franchisor. We are specifically responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, ensuring the IKEA Concept is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up – together with all IKEA trademark users.
How do we do this? By enabling people across the IKEA value chain, and creating unique content to develop the IKEA business. Here are some examples of our different assignments.
- We develop solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with IKEA customers.
- We lead the work around when and how IKEA expands in the world, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost.
- We create the preconditions to strengthen the IKEA Culture and develop the right competence to meet customer and business needs.
We know that an important part of our success is our unique culture and open working environment. Together, we create a workplace where everyone feels free to be themselves – to experiment, try new ways, and dare to ask, “What if…?” We believe in everyday personal growth and offer the opportunity to develop your career globally.
About the role in general
As a Solution Specialist you combine solid data engineering and software development skills, and data integration knowledge.
You have a thorough business understanding and strong analytical skills which enables you to deliver the expected benefits to the business. You will be working in a global environment with colleagues from different backgrounds.
This is an exciting opportunity to influence the business performance across the whole of IKEA business, while working with the latest technologies on a cloud-based environment in a multi-disciplinary team with architects, data engineers and product owners.
As a Solution Specialist - Business Performance your main stakeholders are the production owners and colleagues within the Business. Things you can expect to do in this role, but not limited to:
- Functional and technical expert for the assigned Business Performance Solutions, providing functional user and incident resolution support
- Continuously maintain and improve (DevOps) solutions by validating functionality and design for continuous improvement. This includes implementing, testing, documenting and communicating change requests and enhancements
- Provide support to projects and change requests (e.g. with their development or creation of support flows) with conversion of data related business requirements into data architectures and technical solutions
- Responsible for training plans, development of the learning modules and facilitating (super) user training
- Developing of communication content (e.g. release notes), in line with the business, users and solution needs
- Work closely together with peers across Core Business Franchise, IKEA and development partners, related to the assigned Business Solutions, to strengthen and contribute to a strong and relevant IKEA franchise offer.
It is a position with great potential for personal growth, depending where you put your focus and energy. When you start in this position the focus will be on learning the structures and processes within Business Performance at Inter IKEA Systems.
Detailed assignment description
On short notice the BSA F&BP is urgently looking for a colleague who can help working on data integration related activities. Some of the solutions we work with are Coda, SAP (BPC / B1), Qlik Sense, Planview and Biztalk.
Next to these practical examples of support there are many data integration / engineering related activities which really need your support.
A contributing role in managing and maintaining our Qlik Sense data visualization platform might become part of your assignment. We don’t expect you to already be a subject matter expert on this topic.
You will be responsible for:
- All aspects of collecting, integrating and processing of data.
- Transforming data into analyzable format (ETL), securing the data is delivering the defined benefits to the business
- Design, develop, test, and sustain infrastructures for data sourcing, maintenance, generation and sharing.
In order to truly succeed in the position of Solution Specialist you need to be able to think on your feet, make quick but good analyses and make decisions to solve the problems you face. You have a can-do attitude and are proactively focused on preventing problems and taking it to the next level by eliminating manual work as much as possible. You see opportunities with the solution before the business does and are able to convince stakeholders of the potential and way forward.
It is important that you are eager to take initiative and have a drive to achieve results that supports our business stakeholders in their daily work.
You are very comfortable with technology as a business tool and have the ability to listen actively, making complex situations understood, operational and simple for users.
Your good people skills enable you to easily engage with many different people, both in person and remotely, and to build relationships with these stakeholders and translate their requirements into sustainable, productive solutions.
You want to help and support our co-workers to the best of your ability, while at the same time you’re able to say no and explain the “why” in case any requests cannot be granted. You’re a do-er and get things done. You also have a long term vision in mind with any actions that you undertake, for example you see that workarounds are just a short term fix. Most of all, it is important that you get excited from stepping into an environment with development opportunities.
As our new colleague, you will be inspired by the possibilities and opportunities which digital and information technology bring to enable, transform and break new grounds. As a member of the team there will be a mix of learning new skills from current team members as well as coaching others.
Finally, you have at least a couple of years of working experience in similar functions. As Inter IKEA Systems is an international company with a global scope, fluency in the English language is a must.
A few more details for you
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is located in Delft, The Netherlands. You will report to the Business Solution Area manager. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work as a solution specialist within the BSA F&BP and why you would be a good fit for this role.