Solution Owner – Insight Solutions IKEA Consumer & Market Insights | Core Business Franchise
IKEA is about making things better. All the way from the factory floors to the homes of the many people. We have a passion for renewing and improving things. This is part of our DNA. But how do we know what’s better or what to improve? By unleashing the potential of data and creating insights about our markets and consumers. It is about taking quicker and better decisions with facts as a base, enabling people to focus on value adding tasks.
Being part of the IKEA franchisor, the IKEA Consumer & Market Insight assignment is to enable IKEA people to make well-founded decisions based on actionable and timely insight. In the Business Solution Area – Insights we connect people and business with information technology, being the link between business and IT. The assignment of the Solution Owner contributes to that by co-developing and maintaining insight solutions in areas like customer, market, brand, or range that help to reach the many people at IKEA to get the insight they need, at the right time, and in the right format.
Come join us!
About the role
In the role of a Solution Owner you capture and prioritise needs to build road maps and plans with your holistic business and technology understanding. You build trustful relationships with colleagues, business owners, development partners and users through active listening, facilitation and by communicating complex issues in a clear engaging way. This is an exciting opportunity to influence the quality of data based decision making across IKEA, while working with the latest technologies on a cloud-based environment in a multi-disciplinary team with architects, data scientists and engineers as well as insight specialists. You will report to the Business Solutions Area Manager for IKEA Consumer & Market Insights.
Your assignment as a Solution Owner means that you are:
• End-to-end accountable for all aspects of the assigned Insight Business Solutions including budget and financial frames
• Responsible for solution management, road maps, tactical plans and operational schedules including incident-, change request management and business support
• Ensure that the Business Solutions contribute to the business capability and insight specialists and stakeholders are enabled to draw conclusions
• Responsible for the user satisfaction rate of assigned Business Solutions and ensure that users have the needed competence and related learning and communication content is in place
• Lead and work closely together with peers across Core Business Franchise, IKEA and development partners, related to the assigned Business Solutions, to strengthen and contribute to a strong and relevant IKEA franchise offer
• Responsible to secure service level delivery and to assure compliance to frameworks and standards as well as best practices
• Responsible to assure Business Solution compliance to regulation and standards as well as identified best practices
You preferably have at least 3 years of experience as a solution owner or in a similar role like a digital product owner working in running business activities as well as in project environments. A BSc or MSc degree or equivalent combined with experience in driving digital change in a constantly changing environment as well as application operations knowledge enables you to work in a global, fast-paced environment. Preferred experience in retail and/or market and consumer research round off your profile.
Ownership and ambition to take initiative and driven to achieve results that support our business stakeholders in their daily work is what makes you come to work. You understand to work with technology as a business tool and have the ability to listen actively, making complex situations understood, operational and simple for users. Your good communication skills enable you to build relationships with business stakeholders and translate their requirements into sustainable, production solutions.
Moreover, you are an expert in end to end business solution management processes and have a comprehensive knowledge of digital technology. You belief in the power of data as well as and have a good understanding of visual communication, digital infrastructure, IT services and digital steering frameworks combined with knowledge of financial-, supplier-, contract-, project-, change and product management. In addition you have demonstrable experience in working in an agile or DevOps working set-up. Working in cloud environments and experience with advanced analytics platforms is an advantage.
Most of all, it is important that you get excited from stepping into an environment with development opportunities. As our new Solution Owner colleague, you will be inspired by the possibilities and opportunities which digital and information technology bring to enable, transform and break new grounds. As a member of the team there will be a mix of learning new skills from current team members as well as coaching users.
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. (Core Business Franchise) is one part of Inter IKEA Group. Inter IKEA Group consists of three core businesses in total: Franchise, Range & Supply and Industry. Together, these core businesses work to secure continuous improvement, development, expansion and longevity of the IKEA Concept.
Core Business Franchise is the owner of the IKEA Concept and the worldwide IKEA franchisor. We are specifically responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, ensuring the IKEA Concept is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up – together with all IKEA trademark users.
How do we do this? By enabling people across the IKEA value chain, and creating unique content to develop the IKEA business. Here are some examples of our different assignments.
• We develop solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with IKEA customers.
• We lead the work around when and how IKEA expands in the world, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost.
• We create the preconditions to strengthen the IKEA Culture and develop the right competence to meet customer and business needs.
We know that an important part of our success is our unique culture and open working environment. Together, we create a workplace where everyone feels free to be themselves – to experiment, try new ways, and dare to ask, “What if…?” We believe in everyday personal growth and offer the opportunity to develop your career globally.
A few more details for you
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is located in Delft, Netherlands. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English by 22 December 2019. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work at IKEA and why you would be a good fit for this role.