Digital & IT Architecture manager | Core Business Franchise
You see things a little differently. So do we. The world of retail is massively changing, being disrupted and new possibilities are becoming faster available by innovation of technology around the world.
We are looking for someone who enables IKEA to adopt and lead in the world of retail by ensuring an effective enterprise architecture, fulfilling the business needs across IKEA, is targeted and implemented. You will lead and develop the Core Business Franchise Enterprise Architecture team, which is part of the Digital & IT assignment. You will secure the design of a target technology landscape, which is based on business ambitions and leverages on existing platforms. You will support its implementation via the development of roadmaps, guidelines and standards. You will also support the process of identifying new technologies that will allow and enable us to meet more of the many people. We believe digital technology is core to develop and future-proof IKEA.
Are you excited by all this? Come see things a little differently with us!
Inter IKEA Systems (Core Business Franchise) owns the IKEA Concept and is the worldwide IKEA franchisor. We are specifically responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, ensuring the IKEA Concept is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up – together with all IKEA trademark users.
How do we do this? By enabling people across the IKEA value chain, and creating unique content to develop the IKEA business. Here are some examples of our different assignments.
- We develop solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with IKEA customers.
- We lead the work around when and how IKEA expands in the world, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost.
- We create the preconditions to strengthen the IKEA Culture and develop the right competence to meet customer and business needs.
An important part of our success is our unique culture and open working environment. Together, we create a workplace where everyone feels free to be themselves – to experiment, try new ways, and dare to ask, “What if…?” We believe in everyday personal growth and offer the opportunity to develop your career globally.
Read more about us at: franchisor.IKEA.com
About the role
You will be managing a team of enterprise architects and are accountable to:
- Define architecture vision, principles and guidelines for Core Business Franchise and ensure this is aligned with IKEA stakeholders. Ensure that the business value is well understood and used in the decision-making process.
- Develop the Enterprise Architecture discipline and competences, providing functional leadership to domain architects and coaching/leading the community of architects across the various units.
- Establish and manage the Enterprise Architecture governance processes and integrate them with other relevant processes (E.g. portfolio/budget management).
- Align and steer architecture activities across the different architecture domains (business, data, application, technology and security) in Core Business Franchise:
- Collaborate and contribute to strategical architectural directions and forums across the IKEA Franchise system.
- Design a target IT landscape together with business stakeholder that reflects business directions, strategies and emerging technological opportunities securing value to the IKEA strategic agenda.
- Perform overall architecture planning and own technology architecture transition roadmap.
- Oversee and coordinate the development and maintenance of Enterprise Architecture artefacts such as capability maps, information models, roadmaps. This includes owning and developing the architectural repository tooling.
- Monitor and steer the adoption of the architectural guidelines. Secure alignment between the IT project portfolio and the target system landscape and roadmaps.
- Support projects and business users on architecture aspects.
To be successful in this role, we believe you are a strong leader able to inspire and mobilise people towards clearly set objectives.
We expect you to have a very good knowledge of information and business technologies with a specific focus on Enterprise Architecture concepts, methodologies and frameworks, and with the relevant experience and track record.
We are looking for a visionary, pragmatic and adaptable leader with strong willpower.
You are curious and able to build relationships in order to establish strong trust between the architecture community and its stakeholders. It is also necessary that you carry natural credibility and you have a proven track record of reaching stretch targets. You are an energetic and collaborative leader who has a very good knowledge of IT organisations, strategies and working methods. You ideally have prior IT management experience.
A few more details for you
The location of this position is Delft, Netherlands. The position requires significant travelling. Please send your application – CV and motivation – in English by latest 2 March.
We look forward to your application!