You see things a little differently. So do we! Are you ready to make a difference and grow? Come see things a little differently with us.
In Core Business Franchise (CBF) we are responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, and the franchise offer. We keep things together it together through the IKEA Concept which is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up together with all IKEA trademark users.
We enable IKEA people in the value chain by developing new ways of working and the business by leading:
The development of solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with existing and new IKEA customers.
When and how IKEA expands, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost
We offer an open working environment where everyone feels comfortable to experiment, try new ways and dare to ask: “What if…?” And we offer possibilities for you to develop yourself and your career globally. Read more about us at franchisor.IKEA.com
IKEA Retail Experience has the assignment to secure a successful, consistent, and relevant IKEA experience across all customer meeting points that are developed together with Core Business Range & Supply and all IKEA franchisees in order to create a common and unique IKEA way to engage our customers and offer them relevant services. It is an exciting time as IKEA transforms from a single channel to multichannel retailer.
Within IKEA Retail Experience, the Development & Franchise Offer area works with the common development and Franchise Offer processes, methodologies and follow-up of the customer meeting. We provide project, innovation, process and portfolio resources, and work closely with the business to enable the development of a successful, consistent, and relevant IKEA customer meeting.
In these exiting times, we are now looking for a candidate who wants to be a major contributor in creating a successful, consistent and relevant experience for all co-workers to access relevant conceptual information when they need it in the fastest and best possible way so that what they consume can immediately improve their everyday work.
The ideal candidate will have:
Experience with user experience and usability in retail.
Proven track record of interdependent leadership- leading business agendas across companies, managing stakeholders in a collaborative way and delivering results through others.
Experience in providing/working with a variety of technical platforms and solutions to enable a successful user experience.
Experience with content management with a user-centric focus.
As the Concept Description Usability Manager, you will:
· Turn the user and business needs into a strong user experience within the different platforms and solutions.
· Inititate, plan and analyse qualitative (ie.user interviews) and quantitative (ie. surveys, analytic) user research.
· Ensure the content format is continuously improved, reflecting user feedback.
· Lead a team of Concept Description Usability Specialists to continuously improve the content and usability.
· Be a partner in user experience, content design and solution design discussions representing Concept description and its usability.
· Be accountable for user experience in any given platform where IKEA concept description is provided.
In this role, you report directly to the Concept Description Manager. That said, it’s critical to work with external partners, cross-functionally with other colleagues and stakeholders in CBF and other IKEA organisations. As we are in the process of changing the way we are organised in CBF, additional responsibilities may arise.
You are passionate and curious about the assignment of Core Business Franchise and motivated by the role strategic partnerships can play in spurring innovation and drive growth for IKEA.
You’re a down-to-earth team player who is eager to take initiatives and achieve results with people. We also believe that you have a combination of the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
· IKEA Strategic Framework, the IKEA business model and how we create unique business advantages.
· Understanding of how user experience and technical platforms/solutions are intertwined and how that sets new prerequisites to make the IKEA concept relevant, available and known.
· Understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences.
· Leadership with the ability to make complex tasks and processes understood and actionable,
· Capability to collaborate and work in processes, engaging different IKEA competences in the network.
· A good example of living and nurturing the IKEA values.
· Strong influencing and relationship building/management skills.
· Ability to plan and manage at operational and tactical levels.
· Excellent communication, consultation and analytical skills as well as business judgment.
· Driven by making a difference and motived by big challenges.
· Challenge our existing ways of meeting the many co-workers by introducing new ways to solve future challenges.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is located in Delft, the Netherlands, though some travel may be required.
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English by 01 March 2019. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work at Inter IKEA Systems and why you would be a good fit for this role.
If you have questions about the role, please contact Binnaz Cubukcu, Concept Description Manager. If you have questions about the recruitment process you can contact Mia Kullman, HR & Competence Leader for IKEA Retail Experience.