• University degree (Logistics, Economics) or equivalent working experience.
• Commercial business knowledge and cross functional understanding of how IKEA operates.
• Good Understanding of CFF Logistical set-up, Operational planning and execution.
• Good understanding of IKEA’s strategic landscape and direction.
• In-depth knowledge of IKEA business tools, processes and cycles.
• Skilled in MS Office, intermediate level skills in MS Excel.
• Energized by increasing customer value, driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through people.
• Motivated by leading and developing people.
• Inspired by working together in an ever-changing multi-dimensional and complex environment.
• Motivated by leading through co-creation with colleagues and other IKEA units.
• Motivated by sharing and living the IKEA culture and values.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Business Partnering; tactical and operational business partner, with strong analytical skills, translate business needs into financial consequences and solutions.
• Networking; strong network and relationship builder both within and outside of the own organization.
• Business acumen; ability to recognize external trends and translate them into business opportunities.
• Communication; strong communicator with capacity to influence decisions and create energy and commitment within the organization.
• Change oriented; to able to handle a constantly changing environment with many different stake holders and demands.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Provide management with information, analysis and expert insight to support, challenge and steer the site(s) towards growth, optimal performance and sustained long-term profitability.
• Provide management with scenario plans driven by volume changes, investments and external influences.
• Participate actively in the creation and implementation of action plans for a Unit during the BPL process.
• Coordinate the Goal processes for the Unit, establishing of budgets, communicate and explain goal.
• Secure the functional reporting, Unit DSP Invoice, and commentary according to common rules and deadlines.
• Highlight discrepancies between goals and actual results, and identify corrective actions.
• Initiate and/or support benchmark activities towards other comparable Units.
• Provide the Unit Manager and Market Area CFF management team with reliable navigation information.
• Secure and develop a high consciousness of cost within the Unit, initiate cost saving activities.
• Secure the performance measurement and support to improve performance of the major KPI’s by being close to operations such as organizing workshop for business improvement, benchmark activities etc.
• Facilitate the decision making process by providing the Unit Manager and Market Area CFF management team with tools, analysis and/or evaluations of business potentials.
• Contributes to the development by participation in Competence networks.
• Can be responsible for the Consolidation of results on a Market Area and or Country level.