You are someone who is driven by taking initiatives and creating positive impact on the business. You have a strong insight of the real estate business and extensive experience (minimum 7 years from real estate industry and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managerial role). You are a strong influential leader, and are able to motivate and inspire people and develop succession in the team. Moreover, you have high level of credibility built through seniority and cross-business group understanding of expansion plan.
You have knowledge of:
• market potential development, market penetration plan and an understanding of how it can be aligned and leveraged in collaboration with IKEA Retail and other functions
• how to make decisions on portfolio mix, compliance with policy and regulations, align the investments to objectives and balance risk against performance
• evaluation of change in global, local and specific trends, regarding people behavior evolution, competitors and all sectors and markets, to help defining and reaching goals and objectives and drive business value
• how to create investment opportunities beyond vacant land, assess investment towards property improvements in current locations by analyzing, selecting and prioritizing investment opportunities and assessing this to the expected outcome
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
As Expansion Leader your main objective is to create ONE IKEA Expansion plan and secure expansion opportunities in joint with Group Expansion, Ingka Centres and Retail Expansion on global and market level.
Moreover, you will:
• make joint effort with Retail expansion in the assessment of market potential and penetration plan to create ONE IKEA Expansion Plan together
• establish and maintain strategic real estate network by monitoring and analyzing market trend and development in the real estate industry
• apply the input from Market Intelligence Analysis, identify appropriate opportunities, business partners and active portfolio methodologies
• make the assessment of mixed-use development opportunities from Ingka Centres’ perspective, join the key negotiations with landlord/property owner to secure location delivery with time, quality and cost
• work together with Development sub-domain to drive Business Case development, work closely with relevant function in Commercial & Digital Domain, and Operation Domain to get initial investment request approved
• contribute to City Centre expansion through expertise in identifying complex, mixed-use urban real estate projects
In this role you will report to the Expansion & Business Development Manager in our China location. The position is based in Philadelphia, USA
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
It is the purpose of Ingka Centres to drive visitation to IKEA. We are creating Meeting Places where people love to visit and come back again and again. As an Expansion Leader at Ingka Centres you will be a part of the Expansion & Development Domain. The Expansion & Development Domains’ mission is to generate revenue and growth of new and current Meeting Places while also collaborating with IKEA Retail, the INGKA Group and external contractors with the goal of delivering the needs of customers and local communities within the locations they operate.