IKEA in UK is looking for a passionate Total Rewards Specialist who will contribute to the work in how we approach future total rewards for our UK/IE market. You will be a major contributor to rebuilding the total rewards framework for UK&IE. We see that you have solid experience from mobility & comp and ben. Our ideal candidate would also have a passion for change management and experience from engaging senior stakeholders.
As a person you are passionate about people and have a strong belief in individuals’ potential. You are interested to do analytical, operational and tactical work. You have knowledge of job evaluation and job structures in order to assess and award Total Reward packages. You know how to create, implement and follow up on rules and practices that ensure accountability, compliance, fairness and transparency.
You have the ability to handle multiple priorities, initiatives, interfaces and tasks. You know how to work independently, take own initiatives and responsibility. You express ideas and opinions effectively in verbal and written communication - with ability to influence and inspire.
Your areas of responsibility includes:
• Support localisation of Centre of Expertise Total Rewards concept, frameworks, approach and process in order to ensure successful implementation in country in line with all regulatory compliance.
• Proactively collect and transmit country specific Total Rewards needs to the Centre of Expertise.
• Be responsible for providing expertise and services in the outlining and implementation of TR levels for managers and co-workers.
• Translate global guidelines into local Total Reward Frameworks.
• Partner with Centre of Expertise on Co-Workers Relations regarding implementation of strategic decisions, best practices.
• Improve and coordinate processes with our global and national service providers.
• Supporting the Total Rewards COE Team through analytics, reporting, insights and auditing.
• Assisting with the annual administration of compensation planning cycle, including data prep, testing, and auditing and generating reports.
• Support the execution of the benefits strategy including participation in the evaluation of vendors, review of benchmark data and communication of changes to employees. Analyse data, identify trends and make recommendations.
• Actively improve the employee experience through identifying opportunities for streamlined processes and enhancing tools and education
• Partner with vendors to resolve issues, respond to employee questions and look for opportunities to prevent future issues.
• Assist in the development and delivery of benefits communication materials, including new hire benefits orientation
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
IKEA is all about people, and our team make sure to bring the best people on board to keep our strong spirit of togetherness. We believe that different experiences and backgrounds collectively make us wiser and stronger, and we ensure that our co-workers bloom into their best selves as they contribute to our business.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
In this role you will report to the Total Rewards Manager and is based in London, Wembley.
If you have job specific questions please contact Paras Gujar at firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT TO APPLY?
External Candidates: Please apply online, uploading a CV and cover letter.
Internal candidates: To apply for this role you will need to complete a talent profile, you can find the talent profile on IKEA inside The talent profile is to replace the need to upload a CV or cover letter for the role. For guidance on how best to complete your Talent Profile please refer to the Business Transformation IKEA UK and Ireland link on the front page of IKEA Inside.