This role is a Sales Reconciliation Team Leader that leads the sales reconciliation team. Responsible for ensuring that cash and sales are reconciled on a daily basis for all units and that accurate sales data is booked into the accounting system.
This role is also responsible for securing high quality, standard and efficient customer payment to the accounting process. It will own the relationship with the stores, to continually own, optimize and improve the routines and handling for the end-to-end process.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all deadlines are met managing the workload and setting priorities. You will be responsible for ensuring that all output is of high quality and reconciliations are performed and reviewed in a timely manner.
• Experience in accounting. A finance-related degree would be beneficial and/or studying towards an accounting qualification.
• Applied knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), internal controls, financial reporting and tax laws and regulations
• Experience in prepare, analyze and report complex accounting data
• Experience in use of automated accounting systems
• Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables
• Proficient in MS Office skills
• Experience in a multicultural and multinational organization
• Solid knowledge of all IKEA business processes
As the Sales Reconciliation Team Leader you will be responsible for :
• Responsible for ensuring that daily Cash (safe) and sales reconciliation per store is completed and fully reconciled by your team, and overseeing the implementation of transition of the system to new units
• Own the relationship with stakeholders to ensure that correct input data is received in order to perform the reconciliation, and continually improve the process.
• Responsible for ensuring that accurate data is booked to the accounting systems and that all GL accounts under their control are fully reconciled at the period end.
• Responsible for securing high quality, standard and efficient customer payment to the accounting process, seeking new ways of working and continuously improving the process, and leading your team to forge relationships with the stores.
• Support the Global SAREC team in improving the process.
• Always apply business and accounting knowledge to make sense of the transactions and challenge when necessary.
• Manage, develop and lead the SAREC team co-workers and specialists, managing their workloads and setting priorities for the team
• Responsible for managing the teams’ relationship with the wider finance team and all stakeholders.
• Responsible for reviewing the team's work, including all entities reconciliations and ensure the output is of good quality and accurate.
• Support Ad hoc finance projects.
• Support tax analysis as and when required.
• Provide pro-active solutions to issues and look for better ways of working.
• Actively take part in finance meetings.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We see ourselves as influencers – we steer the IKEA business by finding the truth behind the figures. Together we secure compliance with local and international laws and reporting standards; we assure that accounting processes are efficient and that tax compliance meets business needs. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders. At the end of the day, that’s one of the foundations to make IKEA even better!
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you have any questions or queries with regards to the role please contact: email@example.com
For internal applications please submit your Talent Profile