A vacancy has arisen in the UK & IE Finance department in the Accounts Receivable team. This role is a Sales Reconciliation co-worker. Responsible for reconciling cash (safe) to sales on a daily basis, investigating and analyzing all differences to ensure that accurate data is booked into the accounting system.
This role also plays a part in securing high quality, standard and efficient customer payment to the accounting process. This is done via supporting the stores, together with the Accounting and Reporting team to optimize the routines and handling for the end-to-end process.
• Education in Accounting
• Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Up to 2 years of reconciliation experience
• Understanding the receive payment process/cash flow
• Experience in a multicultural and multinational organization
• Basic knowledge of all IKEA business processes
As the Sales Reconciliation Co-Worker you will be responsible for:
• Perform Daily Cash (safe) and sales reconciliation per store including obtaining information from systems, reconciling and investigating all differences
• Secure authorization and follow up by store Business Navigation
• Secure and work with stakeholders to ensure correct input data is received in order to perform the reconciliation.
• Secure high quality, standard and efficient customer payment to the accounting process ensuring that all reasons for differences are fully analyzed and actions are taken to improve the process.
• Support the Global SAREC team in improving the process.
• Apply business and accounting knowledge to make sense of the transactions and challenge when necessary.
• Support Ad hoc finance projects.
• Support tax analysis as and when required.
• Provide pro-active solutions to issues and look for better ways of working.
• Actively take part in finance meetings.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We see ourselves as influencers – we steer the IKEA business by finding the truth behind the figures. Together we secure compliance with local and international laws and reporting standards; we assure that accounting processes are efficient and that tax compliance meets business needs. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders. At the end of the day, that’s one of the foundations to make IKEA even better!
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you have any questions or queries with regards to the role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For internal applications please submit your Talent Profile