We are looking for you with lots of energy, drive and dynamics with an enthusiasm for business and people. You are eager to drive the business further and have an end to end ownership for the purchasing process. We believe that you share our values and have an entrepreneurial thinking. We expect that you have a deep knowledge of the processes within the purchasing area of the Food business in terms of supplier and market capabilities.
Additionally, we believe that you:
• Have excellent negotiation skills.
• Demonstrate the capability to build trust and relationships in order to build long-term business partnerships.
• Have good finance knowledge.
• Strong communicator with stakeholder management skills.
• Have the desire to find new business opportunities and make it happen through engaging and motivating people.
• Direct experience in food manufacturing, food retail, food supplier certification or food distribution preferred but not required.
• Take interest in people’s life at home; energy, drive and commitment to deliver better product for the many people.
• Previous experience from IKEA is a plus.
• Can work self-sufficient thru remote leadership.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
We would like to see that you have good leadership abilities and an openness to change. We also appreciate your ability to build trustworthy relations both externally and internally. You have the desire to find great business opportunities and make it happen by engaging and motivating people. You are analytical and structured and work continuously to improve ways of working.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
For this recruitment process we are looking for a new Food Purchaser to join our team at our office in Wembley, London, UK. Being a Purchaser for Food, you will be overall responsible for supplier performance and relationship in UK and Ireland.
Among other things, you are:
• Responsible for building professional and long-term relationships through IKEA way of doing business, based on a shared business model, trust, and transparency.
• Challenging suppliers to constantly improve all aspects of supplier performance according to supplier action plan.
• Leading Supplier Development Process Identification process to create and implement action plans together with suppliers which delivers to Category Plan.
• Responsible to lower total cost at supplier level through optimizing value chain.
• Partner with suppliers to continuously increase the competitiveness through new purchasing possibilities such as new technology, new material and/or production techniques.
In your role you will be responsible and take lead in creating and managing the business agenda from a purchasing perspective in close cooperation with business partner at IKEA Food UK/IE. You will have an overall responsible for supplier performance and within that develop and implement action plans together with suppliers.
If you are the right person for this position, we can offer you an assignment in a global organisation with a great possibility to build and create something new, where your ideas are heard and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
IKEA Food develops and provides the food sold and served in all IKEA Restaurants, Bistro´s, Swedish Food Markets and the IKEA co-worker restaurants. IKEA Food has 433 restaurants in 52 markets and every year 680 million guests are enjoying the IKEA Food. In FY19 the IKEA food business had a total turnover of €2,15 billion (all markets).
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you have questions about the position, please contact our Category Area Food Manager: Mattias Ellerth at email@example.com . If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact: Johanna Kelenc Fridlund at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, but please no later than the 20th of December. Send your application in English. Please note that we will be reviewing applications on a continuous basis.