• You are confident in both spoken and written English and Japanese.
• You are an ambassador for the IKEA brand who works in a way that reflects the IKEA key value.
• You love taking responsibility, drive business through your entrepreneurial spirit.
• You are strong curious leader who creates an atmosphere where people thrive on their ideas and constantly pick up on new business opportunities.
• You have strong customer and user centric thinking
• You have full understanding of what it means for IKEA to be in a multichannel environment.
• You have solid marketing knowledge, are a data driven analyst and know how to your market and PMA based on consumer insights and CRM principles.
• You have strong commercial drive and competence to capitalize on short- and long-term business opportunities.
• Good communication skills with ability to influence and create energy and commitment within the organisation.
• You have strategic analytical skills able to translate business needs into financial consequences and solutions.
• You have good overview of IKEA operations and constantly look for more effective ways of working.
• You have interest in home furnishing and understanding of IKEA values and what it means for people’s everyday life at home.
• You have a high affinity to digital tools and bring along the knowledge and understanding of digital capabilities.
• Preferably speak some languages like Japanese, Chinese, Korean, English etc.
In this role you will report to the Market Manager - City Shop.
• You lead the shop Business Plan process together with the store manager and management team and proactively working with local market data to understand people’s life at home and our customer experience in our different customer meeting points to provide relevant insight.
• You drive and coordinate the financial business planning process and secure that the financial dimensions are aligned with the shop challenges and priorities while working with mother store closely and involving and creating commitment among stakeholders when setting goals.
• Together with the commercial team identify commercial opportunities and promote the use of business case thinking when evaluating and acting on these.
• Having the full understanding of the Profit & Loss for the shop and steer actions to provide a store in shape as new, reducing costs and considering all impact on the P&L by working and aligning with mother store. Follow up the result and create forecasts and activate scenario plans.
• You Optimise and develop the shop results and performance continuously by implementing best practices, using close the gap to identify opportunities and follow-up benchmarks KPIs.
• You provide relevant, user-friendly business information, promoting standardized reporting and securing competence in the organization to allow for analysis and understanding of performance to make optimal business decisions.
• You secure that all investments are done with a proper analysis or business ROI considering all aspect of the different projects.
• You lead and develop leaders and teams in the areas of responsibility. Identify and develop talents and secure succession planning.
• You provide a safe, secure and compliant environment for our customers, suppliers and co-workers. Secure implementation of relevant rules and guidelines in the areas of Risk and compliance, cash administration routines, accounting rules, goods replenishment and transaction etc.
• You are seen by co-workers in all functions as an approachable, trustworthy and knowledgeable speaking partner who leads by example and taking a multidimensional approach to steering the business.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
As Operation manager in city shop, you use your knowledge of IKEA and Tokyo market to work together with the management group of shop and mother store, other units in Tokyo and your team, in an inspiring, supportive and challenging way. Steer the shop towards growth, optimal performance and sustained long term profitability, in line with the IKEA objectives. Be a proactive business partner in strategic and operational development, closely connected to the business and contributing to improved customer experience in multichannel environment.