- Minimum 2 years’ project management experience including budget management, workflow optimization and stakeholder management
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on localization experience working on online translation softwares, Computer Assisted Translation tools and Translation management systems (e.g. SDL Worldserver, Smartling, Memsource, MemoQ etc) is a must
- Proven advanced training in linguistic field; (bachelor’s degree minimum)
- Proven experience in adapting content for search engine optimization, social media content production, audio visual localization and knowledge of machine translations software
- Strong communication and influencing skills in English and native language (spoken and written)
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Excel, InDesign, HTML and other web-based tools is a must
- Experience working on localisation vendor side would be a plus
For this position, local language (Japanese) and English is mandatory.
- Build and manage the localisation pipeline in close collaboration with country-level stakeholders such as Market Support, Digital, People & Culture, as well as the global localisation team
- Manage localisation and translations projects end to end, setting stakeholder expectations while ensuring timely delivery of high quality content
- Support the on-boarding of global recommended localisation vendors, together with procurement, and review their performance on a quarterly basis or as required
- Work with localisation vendors on a daily basis to ensure their continuous development, timely delivery of projects, as well as high quality of work
- Be the primary point of localisation knowledge in the country, advising on best practices, process, budgeting and planning, and be responsible for linguistic assets such as glossaries, terminologies, etc.
- Work closely with local content creation teams to create web, sales, communication and social media content that is appealing to customers by providing input from a linguistic perspective, while driving consistency with global content
- Conduct linguistic quality assurance and consult IKEA subject matter experts when necessary
- Consolidate and provide linguistic feedback to the translators/translation vendors to educate them on IKEA tone of voice and also mediate in cases of conflict on quality discussions.
- Liaise with the global localisation team to ensure consistency of approach, to define and implement quality frameworks, and to input on process improvements, budget planning and future localisation roadmap and strategy
- Translate and/or edit user interface, communication, PR, Web, social media and marketing materials for urgent and special requests, which can’t be outsourced
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We strongly position IKEA as a truly meaningful & trusted brand in people’s hearts & minds, with a focus on us as a retailer and our positive societal impact. At the same time, we contribute to the growth and transformation of Ingka by ensuring we lead with communication. We do this by taking a strategic approach to reactive, proactive and activist communication.