Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
• You are an ambassador for the IKEA brand who works in a way that reflects the IKEA key value.
• You love taking responsibility, drive business through your entrepreneurial spirit.
• You are strong curious leader who creates an atmosphere where people thrive on their ideas and constantly pick up on new business opportunities.
• You have strong customer and user centric thinking.
• You have full understanding of what it means for IKEA to be in a multichannel environment.
• You have strong knowledge and understanding of home furnishing and life at home/business, and around new ways of working e.g. activity-based workplace.
• You have knowledge rules, laws and regulations for both home and public e.g. offices, public areas furnishing (safety).
• You have knowledge around design classics, designers, IKEA range, IKEA services and update Home furnishing the IKEA way (living situations, style groups, furnish with light).
• You are able to drive new ideas and concepts and engage others.
• You have social skills and the ability to quickly build relations that are relaxed and trustworthy.
• You are good listening and communication skills in both verbal as written form.
• You have presentation skills and feel comfortable to speak in front of customer.
• You have a high affinity to digital tools and bring along the knowledge and understanding of digital capabilities.
• You are confident in both spoken and written Japanese and English. Confident in IKEA design tool skills, AutoCAD skills, Sketch up skill.
For this position, native level of Japanese and business level of English is required.
As Home Furnishing Interior Planning Manager you provide relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial interior design solutions for business. You sell a complete solution according to local legislations and market requirements on products and services. You influence and coaches Interior Designers to design outstanding solutions.
Your tasks will include:
• Understand business customers brand identity, their activities and needs and translate that information into interior design solutions that inspire and enable a better life at work and enhance business customers brand identity.
• Use our IKEA product range and interior design competence to create solutions for private and public business customers that will exceed their expectations.
• Actively gather insights from customer and using home furnishing competence, create a complete interior design solution with aspects as e.g. function, architectural elements, scale, colour, material, shape, form, ergonomics, lighting, sustainability etc. in mind.
• Lead the planning process from start to end, in close coopetition with co-workers and business customer and after each project agree on improvements based on the follow up.
• Lead the Interior Designers through planning and coaching in order to deliver the common objectives and goals. Influence, inspire and challenge the Interior Designers to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in design.
• Stay up to date and knowledgeable around public environment, interior design trends and seminars, competitors, with the purpose of using this knowledge to exceed business customer expectations.
• Facilitate workshop and seminars to share home furnishing knowledge to a broader audience.
• In cooperation with co-workers secure a consistent, seamless positive customer experience.
• Understand the IKEA social and environmental commitments and know how you can contribute to sustainability. Ensure sustainability priorities are reflected across offering (e.g. Home Solar, Energy Efficient Lighting).
• Represent IKEA values and nurtures a strong IKEA culture that inspires co-workers to extraordinary achievements.