As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance through contributing with food safety excellence. In addition, you are passionate about the food business and exploring new and innovative opportunities as well as motivated by creating a high-quality, affordable and unique culinary experience for IKEA customers.
For this role we believe you have 5-7 years of experience in working with food safety, food quality, food operations, food standards, procedures and food compliance as well as delivering results. You also have 3-5 years of experience in leading and influencing co-workers. On top of this, you need in depth knowledge regarding HACCP, food safety standards and procedures. Further, you have experience from retail, preferably food sector.
You have broad knowledge of IKEA concept, brand objectives, values and vision as well as of IKEA tools, processes and cycles. Also, you have broad knowledge of Group strategies, priorities and business planning process as well as of operational plans and goals including follow up on KPIs. In addition, you have broad knowledge of how consumer acts, feels and behaves (including online) in a multichannel retail environment to apply the insights in the shopping experience design in all touchpoints as well as of the local market environment and food safety expectations from customers today and tomorrow to secure that commercial and service offers meet customer demands and needs as well as of the customer life cycle and critical food safety pain points connected to and between our channels. On top of this, your knowledge of local food legislations and operational compliance standards and documentation as well as of IKEA food risk and compliance standards is broad. You have good knowledge of auditing and investigation procedures, food quality assurance and food quality control. Finally, you possess good project, change and stakeholder management skills and know how to apply these in an extremely ambiguous environment requiring cross functional collaboration.
You have ability to understand the complexity of IKEA business and the role of Commercial as an integrated part of the business. Furthermore, you have strong ability to lead while communicating in an inspirational way with IKEA tone of voice. You also have ability to take a holistic view of a global organisation and identify business opportunities accordingly combined with ability to prioritise and make decisions with speed and simplicity.
*For this position, native level of Japanese and business level of English is required. Certificate of 管理栄養士 and 栄養士 is plus.
In the role as Country Food Safety Leader, you are responsible for leading food compliance and food safety operational excellence and ensuring safe and compliant food for customers and co-workers. You are also responsible for strengthening food compliance and food safety competence and leading activities addressing key gaps of food compliance and food safety.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing common risk based compliance plans for food safety and food safety framework, standards, WoW (way of working), tools and KPI’s
- Monitor and identify market food safety needs and requirements in order to develop market specific range safety needs in line with IKEA range strategy, requirements and processes
- Contribute insight and ideas to the market business plan as an integrated commercial partner
- Plan, conduct and follow-up food safety and compliance performance audits
- Ensure quality of the audits, lead the information and escalation process in case of food safety non-compliance as well as review and act upon them to ensure food safety excellence throughout the year
- Ensure clear and effective customer food safety communication
- Ensure that equipment and facilities meet the IKEA food safety standards and legal demands
- Contact with external companies working with food safety compliance verification activities (e.g. external food safety audit, microbiological or other food safety related analyses or tests)
- Act as a member of the food team and proactively contribute to food plan/output in order to deliver to the common objectives and goals
- Contribute with knowledge transfer and information sharing to, and between, the units
- Actively cooperate with all key stakeholders within commercial and beyond to secure integration, common focus and to maximize impact (for example Digital, CFF (Customer Fulfilment), Communications, Sustainability, BNOF (Business Navigation Operations & Finance), People & Culture)
- Pro-actively monitor and action new local food safety operational needs, demands and regulations
- Be an active player in driving an open and sharing climate, be a role model of the IKEA values and contribute to the transformation of IKEA
- Be an active player in working on sustainability within food (sourcing of local ingredients, circularity in production, usage of sustainable materials and services)
In this role you will report to the Country Food Safety Manager.