As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance and business growth. In addition, you are passionate about the food business and exploring new and innovative opportunities as well as motivated by creating a high-quality, affordable and unique culinary experience for IKEA customers.
For this role we believe you have around 7-10 years of experience in Logistics, Business Management or similar and delivering results as well as 3-5 years of experience in leading and influencing co-workers. You also have experience of working with product development, preferably with food. Further, you have experience from retail and food sector.
You have broad knowledge of IKEA concept, brand objectives, values and vision as well as of IKEA tools, processes and cycles. In addition, you have broad knowledge of Group strategies, priorities and business planning process as well as of operational plans and goals including follow up on KPIs. You have broad knowledge of how consumer acts, feels and behaves (including online) in a multichannel retail environment to apply the insights in the food experience design in all touchpoints. When it comes to the local market you have broad knowledge about the local market environment, expectations from customers today and tomorrow to secure that commercial and service offers meet customer demands and needs. You have extensive knowledge about the food trends and culture in the local market. On top of this, you have broad knowledge of supply sourcing and production management as well as of IKEA food product development process, designing and integrating food offers in the local range to meet consumer needs. You have good knowledge of food business, food range and supply as well as IKEA retail operations. Finally, you possess good project, change and stakeholder management skills and know how to apply these in an extremely ambiguous environment requiring cross functional collaboration.
You have ability to understand the complexity of IKEA business and the role of Commercial as an integrated part of the business. Furthermore, you have strong ability to lead while communicating in an inspirational way with IKEA tone of voice. You also have ability to take a holistic view of a global organisation and identify business opportunities accordingly combined with ability to prioritise and make decisions with speed and simplicity.
*For this position, native level of Japanese and business level of English is required.
In the role as Country Food Range & Supply Leader, you are responsible for ensuring a food range that caters for a food experience that is locally relevant, people and planet positive, healthy, delicious, affordable, with a Swedish touch and for optimizing food supply to enable for extraordinary growth. You are also responsible for strengthening food range and supply competence and leading activities to address key gaps of food range and supply performance, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Monitor and identify market food range needs and requirements in order to develop a healthy and nutritious market specific range offering in line with IKEA range strategy, requirements and processes
- Secure range requirements, including ingredient and nutrition information, and ensure food product information
- Contribute insights and ideas to the market business plan as an integrated commercial partner
- Ensure range management, drive range dimensioning and ensure the range to selling process
- Implement common food range, supply & logistics framework, standards, WoW (way of working), tools and KPI’s adapting to local legislation and laws
- Monitor food range and supply performance to the units in order to manage and escalate deviation
- Contribute with input, feedback and recommendations on food market requirements and opportunities related to food range and supply
- Engage with Procurement to secure compliant suppliers and secure purchase price for defined range
- Contribute with knowledge transfer and information sharing to and between, the units
- Actively cooperate with all key stakeholders within commercial and beyond to secure integration, common focus and to maximize impact (for example Digital, CFF (Customer Fulfilment), Communications, Sustainability, BNOF (Business Navigation Operations & Finance), People & Culture)
- Contribute to the integrated multichannel executions/output of the function in order to achieve the business goals
- Be an active player in driving an open and sharing climate, be a role model of the IKEA values and contribute to the transformation of IKEA
- Be an active player in working on sustainability within food (sourcing of local ingredients, circularity in production, usage of sustainable materials and services)
In this role you will report to the Country Food Manager.