As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance. In addition, you are passionate about the food business and exploring new and innovative opportunities as well as motivated by creating a high-quality, affordable and unique culinary experience for IKEA customers.
For this role we believe you have 5-7 years of experience working with food operations or similar and delivering results as well as 3-5 years of experience in leading and influencing co-workers. Further, you have experience from retail, preferably food sector.
You have broad knowledge of IKEA concept, brand objectives, values and vision as well as of IKEA tools, processes and cycles. Also, you have broad knowledge of Group strategies, priorities and business planning process as well as of operational plans and goals including follow up on KPIs. You have broad knowledge of food trends that influence customers’ needs and demands in the market as well as of how consumer acts, feels and behaves (including online) in a multichannel retail environment to apply the insights in the food experience design in all touchpoints. On top of this, your knowledge of operational management such as in store logistics, inventory, production, serving and sustainability as well as of local food legislations and operational compliance standards as well as of IKEA compliance standards, IKEA food safety standards and HACCP is broad. You have extensive knowledge of IKEA food business and food retail operations. Finally, you possess good project, change and stakeholder management skills and know how to apply these in an extremely ambiguous environment requiring cross functional collaboration.
You have ability to understand the complexity of IKEA business and the role of Commercial as an integrated part of the business. Furthermore, you have strong ability to lead while communicating in an inspirational way with IKEA tone of voice. You also have strong analytical skills with the ability to take a holistic view of a global organisation and identify business opportunities accordingly combined with ability to prioritise relevant operational data and make decisions with speed and simplicity.
*For this position, native level of Japanese and business level of English is required.
In the role as Country Food Operations Leader, you are responsible for leading the food operational excellence and ensuring a commercial food experience that is safe, people and planet positive, healthy and delicious, affordable and convenient, human and joyful, with a Swedish touch. You are also responsible for strengthening food operational competence and leading activities to address key gaps of food quality and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Coach, and re-direct where necessary, the units to drive food operational excellence – in-store logistics, food production, meeting the customer, equipment and sustainable operations
- Ensure that food operations are compliant with IKEA standards and local legal demands
- Be responsible for monitoring units in order to identify and optimise food operational needs and requirements
- Contribute to food business financial results through monitoring the performance, identifying gaps and proposing and initiating improvements
- Contribute insight and ideas to the market business plan as an integrated commercial partner
- Be responsible for developing and implementing common operational framework, standards, plans, WoW (way of working), tools and KPI’s to deliver to the business goals
- Ensure correct operational process to secure food product availability, food stock management, food quality and to minimize food waste
- Ensure up to date, appropriate and sustainable equipment and facilities
- Contribute to the development of market specific range operational needs and requirements in line with IKEA range strategy, requirements and processes
- Plan, conduct and follow-up operational performance review as well as act upon them e.g. lead information and escalation process to ensure performance excellence throughout the year
- Train co-workers in new food production, serving techniques and tools as well as ways of working
- Contribute with knowledge transfer and information sharing to, and between, the units
- Act as a member of the food team and proactively contribute to food plan/output in order to deliver to the common objectives and goals
- Actively cooperate with all key stakeholders within commercial and beyond to secure integration, common focus and to maximize impact (for example Digital, CFF (Customer Fulfilment), Communications, Sustainability, BNOF (Business Navigation Operations & Finance), People & Culture)
- Be an active player in working on sustainability within food (sourcing of local ingredients, circularity in production, usage of sustainable materials and services)
- Be an active player in driving an open and sharing climate, be a role model of the IKEA values and contribute to the transformation of IKEA
In this role you will report to the Country Food Operations Manager.