The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and MOROCCO.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !
Reporting to the Store Manager of the main store in Primary Market Area (PMA), the Shop Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations in the shop. Supervising a team of co-workers, ensuring shop processes run like clockwork and keeping an eye on targets – it’s a job that will keep you on your toes. Hands-on and proactive, you’ll be a natural at delegating tasks, boosting performance and satisfying customers.
The Job Role
- Leads the shop in a lean and simple way by using the foundations of the IKEA Concept as proven solutions while at the same time challenging the IKEA organization to improve ways of working in order to identify and develop new business opportunities and commercial potential.
- Identifies and develops the many talents within the shop to secure succession planning.
- Ensures the shop works ethically and in compliance with internal regulations and external laws including legislation relating to risk, the environment, health and safety
- A natural leader with a good track record of managing a team of people
- Proven record of consistently meeting agreed budgets and goals and working on plans over at least 5 Years
- Setting and implementing action plans and providing clear direction and following up goals
- Proven record of successful leadership in a people centric organisation
- Experience of leading in a changing environment (Retail)
- Ability to inspire others
- Flexible, able to adapt to various shift patterns and react to unexpected situations in a controlled and sensible manner
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV (English version) to further boost your visibility.