Jobs home > In Store Logistics Manager
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and MOROCCO.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !
You are a strong leader who can lead by example. You have the ability to bring out the best in co-workers and to motivate them. You can create an environment where IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors. You have good communication skills and have the ability to share your knowledge and learning, and build working relationships.
we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities & motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Education: Master Degree or equivalent
- 6 – 9 years Logistics, goods flow and supply chain management experience, (IKEA experience preferred)
- Knowledge of retail operations
- Advanced Computer skills (MS Office packages) and operating systems (Navision)
- Excellent written and verbal English & French
About the Role
You will manage the In-Store Logistics operations for an IKEA Store and ensure that all operational objectives/ metrics are delivered taking into account quality, quantity and cost through development and execution of tactical and operational initiatives. You will make appropriate business recommendations based on the analysis of daily/monthly reports and variances. You will support the sales departments ensuring that customers are provided with the highest possible service level (in line with IKEA standards) combined with maximized stock turnover to achieve the pre-defined yearly sales targets.
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Monitor the ordering process of the store, so that the stock levels of all the goods in the store are in line with the sales pattern and agreed sales targets are achieved.
- Ensure that the store should achieve a high service level to customers and a healthy stock balance to avoid over stock, concrete stock and out of stock situations.
- Manage the in-store warehouse, stock movements, stock levels and replenishment.
- Monitor and secure the sales space in relation to the range size by close interaction with the sales & com-in departments.
- Liaise constantly with the Sales Manager to make sure that the sales space is optimized.
- Responsible for the regular replenishments & ensuring bins in the store are stocked up with required levels. This is supported through the analysis of top selling items, movement of stock, ensuring there is sufficient cover available for fast moving items and constantly liaising with the range & logistics department to prevent over-stock or stock-out situations.
- Prepare the annual business plan and budget for the department, (e.g. manpower, purchase, stock loss and damage provision budgets) and management information provided to support appropriate business decisions.
- Review and monitor daily and monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and analysis reports on various measurable factors against benchmarked figures (e.g. reports relating to; stock levels, stock ageing, top sellers, service levels with regards to stock availability, volume turnover, recovery analysis, range analysis, manpower productivity, etc.).
- Track performance, analyze variances, explore problem areas and utilize them for continuous improvement and appropriate recommendations.
- Maintain consistent stock balances by adhering to strict inventory control procedures.
- Monitor, investigate and authorize along with the Store Manager any adjustments/ discrepancy in the physical movement of stock.
- Conduct annual count of inventory and ascertain a tolerance level for the shrinkage.
- Manage the asset register of the store in co-ordination with the finance department.
- Coordinate system inputs to ensure smooth data flow, sales space capacities, recovery, transfer of goods and stock adjustments are as per the agreed Store Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Secure that the warehouse equipment & machinery are maintained and are safe to operate.
- Maintain, negotiate and renew the service contracts and agreements for the maintenance of these assets periodically.
- Ensure that equipment is utilized efficiently and to the optimum level.
- Ensure that equipment handlers are properly trained and licensed to prevent work related accidents and all the safety and security procedures and checklists for equipment and warehouse racking are completed on a daily basis so as to ensure the store is safe to open for trading.
- Ascertain all safety regulations are as per the local law and guidelines
- Establish that all controls, processes and data are accurately maintained in the Navision system to safeguard smooth data flow and achieve detailed and precise reports (e.g. sales space capacities, damaged stock, recovered stock, stock transfers and stock adjustments).
- Maintain and evaluate any store logistics related parameters in the system in co-ordination with the IT Department and further develop the Warehouse Management and the Inventory Control Systems.
- Optimize the recovery of losses and minimize the impact from damaged and returned products through conversion from a loss to a break-even point and there by reducing the effect of stock losses.
- Prepare manpower plans, Kpi's Follow Up for all the In-Store Logistics functions and supervise the Inventory Control and Warehouse teams to ensure highest level of work efficiency within the budget and control all the operational costs.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for all ISL activities and ascertain that all staff are properly trained on all the SOP’s and receive adequate development support to secure the store performance and succession needs.
- Obtain and coordinate store requirements, in conjunction with the rest of the store management team to liaise efficient opening/ closure of the store, deal with customer guidance and complaints and supervise all operating departments.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV (English version) to further boost your visibility.