• Student or near-graduate, graduate within Food Science and Technology or similar studies
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Good capacity to use Microsoft Office package;
• Capability to understand the bigger picture, always act with the Customer and IKEA values in mind;
• Capability to identify and capture process and business opportunities and deliver results through involving and engaging people;
• Capability to build trust and relationships, in order to build long-term relationships;
• Fluent level of English.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
The internship will take place in Carugate (Milan). The intern will have the opportunity to flank and support the Procurement area (food purchaser), in the following activities for the following countries: Italy – Croatia – Serbia - Rumania
• Follow and secure the Group Procurement purchase process end-to-end.
• Build trusted relationships through IKEA way of doing business, secure compliance of IKEA Code of Conduct.
• Take care of supplier management and supplier performance by professionally challenge suppliers to constantly improve all aspects of supplier performance.
• Through proactive market monitoring give input about sourcing options, supplier market, market trends and contributing to the development of the category/sourcing plans.
Your training program is focused on:
• Supporting the IKEA Food One Supply Chain project, which requires to manage all the Food Procurement activities taking care of the whole IKEA national food range.
• Quality Readiness activities:
1. Product Specification: collecting food technical specifications from suppliers of all supplied products and verifying that they are in line with the IKEA quality requirements;
2. Food safety & Food Requirements: taking care of compliance/certifications of food products purchased by IKEA: type: Meat - Fish/Seafood - Eggs - Coffee - Tea - Cocoa – Palm Oil;
3. Food contracts: secure that all documents needed for frame agreements is available.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
Together with colleagues all over the globe we work to identify and understand all kinds of needs related to IKEA operations. Then, through our sourcing and tendering process, we partner with suppliers to meet those needs innovatively, cost-effectively and with sustainability built in from the start. We provide support all the way through our sales channels, simplifying things and creating happy customers. Our ambition is to develop meaningful and better procurement.
• The internship is lasting 4 months (30th April);
• The internship allowance is 600€ per month and free use of our canteen throughout the work time;
• Location: IKEA Headquarter, Strada Provinciale 208 N.3, Carugate (Mi), Milano, 20061.