As a person you are genuinely interested in securing a great customer experience and in people's life at home. You have energy, drive and commitment to deliver better products and services for the many people. You are also highly motivated in understanding the area within the scope and you desire to continuously learn and develop in a curious way. Furthermore, you are interested and driven to find common interests and agenda as well as to build trust and partnership to reach common goals. In addition, you are highly motivated in understanding the market area that we are working in and you strive for finding new business opportunities and make it happen through engaging and motivating people.
• Fluent in English and Italian both written and spoken;
• Excellent business knowledge and mind-set within construction and rebuild market;
• Experience in supplier development and management;
• Good knowledge of industry and market specific conditions;
• Strong negotiation skills;
We believe that you have capability to understand the bigger picture and always act with the Customer in mind. You are also able to identify and capture process and business opportunities and deliver results through involving and engaging people. Building trust and relationships, in order to build long-term relationships, and adapting to a fast-changing environment is in your scope. Furthermore, you can take responsibility and initiative within the area of scope.
As a Purchaser you will contribute to the development and execution of the market action plan within Category construction & rebuilds by securing compliance of the IKEA purchase process, building long-term supplier partnerships and drive supplier performance and by involving relevant business partners to identify business needs and opportunities.
• Take fully responsibility for following and securing the Ingka Procurement purchase process end-to-end and secure compliance of IKEA rules and guidelines, law, Code of Conduct & business ethics for IKEA Construction and Rebuild Projects in Italy;
• Be responsible for building long-term partnerships based them on shared business model, trust & transparency;
• Be responsible for supplier performance by professionally challenge suppliers to constantly improve all aspects of supplier performance and lead Supplier Development Process (SDP) when applicable;
• Act according to IKEA values do business with Fact-based Business Leadership;
• Understand the goals, business priorities and follow through on commitments and achieves results in line with the IKEA vision and values;
• Perform and develops in current business assignment and projects;
• Communicate in a straightforward and inclusive manner and listens actively to gain information;
• Co-operate with team members in other and own units to accomplish common goals;
• Seeks opportunities for improvement;
• Demonstrate willingness and contributes to change by taking necessary actions and adapt to new circumstances;
• Have the willingness to travel within the mentioned region.
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
Our team secure business objectives according to IKEA Strategy and Business Plan through: establishing & developing supplier base which can meet the needs of our business and customer; contributing to optimizing our value chain that can make better service at lower total cost for the many people; delivering excellent results to meet goals.