• Good at active selling.
• Good at creating satisfied customers.
• Enthusiastic and able to work with others in a team.
• Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus.
• Experience of working in a customer- and commercial-oriented business. Confident in approaching and talking to people in a proactive manner.
• Interest in people’s everyday life at home and home furnishing
• Open to change/highly flexibility. Ability to take personal initiatives. Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and organize your own work to make efficient use of the time available
• The right attitude and behaviour to sell actively and help customers to buy.
• Knowledge of the IKEA product range, including service products.
• Computer literacy.
• A passion for selling, reaching your goals and getting the best for IKEA customers.
• The IKEA values accurately reflect your own values.
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment.
• Hungry for knowledge and a desire to increase your skills in order to benefit the IKEA business and grow personally.
• Experience of working in a fast-paced environment. (Preferred)
• Experience of actively selling through understanding customers and their needs. (Preferred)
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Availability to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• You actively approach customers who you see require additional help. You identify their needs by asking the right questions and advise them on the best solutions for their homes in order to exceed their expectations.
• You understand how to use the different IKEA sales and communication channels and know-how for the different customers you meet.
• You keep your area of responsibility clean, tidy, priced and fully stocked, and ensure that the IKEA basic merchandising standards are in place at all times to give customers a positive shopping experience.
• You convey passion about IKEA products and actively learn about their features and benefits, and you share this knowledge with customers and colleagues.
• You understand the store and department action plans. You take responsibility for your department goals and know how you contribute.
• You actively offer all the services available in the IKEA store to help customers make informed choices, which results in a better shopping experience for them.
• You lead and/or support the implementation of planned commercial activities involving your department throughout the store.
• You ensure you maximize sales whilst maintaining profitability by knowing and actively steering towards the top- selling and prioritized products.
• You demonstrate the ability to analyze and adjust sales space capacities based on system parameters (sales location management) to secure high stock availability.
• You are familiar with the IKEA social and environmental commitments and know how you can contribute to sustainability.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
We Hire Straightforward, Down-To-Earth People
IKEA co-workers tend to be enthusiastic and hard working with a genuine willingness to work together. While there are many reasons to join IKEA, if you ask co-workers why they stay, their number one response is "because of the people".
Egos Parked At the Door
We're all co-workers. We're not big on fancy titles, corner offices or private jets, and we leave our egos at the door. Why? Because it means you get to work as a team member, have fun and get on with the job.
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as: Sales Co-Worker