****Availability to work Night Shifts (3AM start) throughout the week, weekends, and statutory holidays.*****
• Enthusiastic about work and working with others in a team.
• Ability to prioritize and organize own work to make efficient use of time available.
• Previous experience in high volume warehouse or receiving/replenishment.
• Good personal discipline.
• A flexible approach/open to change.
• Experience using material handling equipment and/or certification of this training is an asset.
• Ability to use and take personal initiative.
• Ability to work with material handling equipment.
• Ability to handle handheld equipment.
• Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
• Computer aptitude.
• Knowledge of country/regional language.
• Ability to work during the early hours of the day.
• The IKEA values really reflect my own values.
• I am passionate about logistics and getting the best for our customers.
• I am driven by working towards goals.
• I am interested in people’s everyday life at home and in home furnishings and identify myself with the IKEA range.
• I enjoy working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment.
• I am hungry for knowledge and want to increase my skills and learning, using this to benefit IKEA and grow personally.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• I am always aware of customers when I am on the shop floor and I prioritize offering them help and advice even when I am engaged in other tasks.
• I encourage my customers to give feedback and I offer solutions to frequently asked questions.
• I support the customers by using my knowledge about the stores and the offered services.
• I work proactively to maintain the safety and security of my areas for customers and colleagues, and I am conscious of safety at all times in our store.
• I contribute to ensuring that the store is ready at opening, offering the best possible customers’ shopping experience.
• I maintain a clean, organized work area and keep tools/equipment in good conditions.
• Performing sales space replenishment with flexibility and according to visual merchandising guidance.
• Implementing agreed routines, working methods and tools. This includes common IT systems and techniques.
• Handling goods (unload, transport, replenish, stock in, stock out, pick, load) utilizing the correct material handling equipment and tools in order to operate safely, efficiently and minimize damage to stock and equipment.
• Giving input, related to the range I handle: packaging, range allocation, sales space management, store equipment, sales solution, accessibility, empty sales space etc. in order to make future improvements.
• Adhering to inventory control procedures in order to maintain the integrity of the inventory and through this maximize the product availability for our customers.
• Adhering strictly to safety and security procedures.
• I am always available to help and support colleagues in my own department and in other areas of the store when needed.
• I work together with other functions to improve the shopping experience for our customers in order to generate more sales.
• I pass on my knowledge to colleagues and encourage them to do the same.
• I know our department action plan and support the goals and targets given to me by my manager which ensures the delivery of our action plan.
• I look for more effective ways of working to reduce costs.
• I ensure all my actions optimize sales and support the maintaining of profitability.
• I report discrepancies according to routines and guidelines (for example in-delivery control, loading quality, missing goods etc.).
• I report damages or any other discrepancies on articles (inventory, internal transaction, back flow).
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We’re the team behind the scenes that make the IKEA products available to the many people. As a diverse mix of co-workers we use our supply process expertise to balance range and space capacity with forecasting and ordering to provide customers with high availability while minimizing costs. If you’ve wonder who’s responsible for finding effective and efficient ways of picking up the products for our customers, that’s us. We’re passionate about working together to improve the customer experience at IKEA!
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as: Logistics Co-worker