Jobs home > National_Health & Safety Group Leader | IKEA | MOA, Egypt
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to priorities and organize own work in order to make the most efficient use of time available. You have the ability to work in a fast retail environment. You are enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team. You are a passionate and dynamic person ready for a bigger scope of responsibility. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day.
- High School/Trade School Graduate.
- 3-5 years proven experiencein health & safety, security and maintenance in a management capacity.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of fire and security systems is an added advantage.
- Clear understanding of customer service guidelines/principles.
- Strong team player and good English communication. Must possess excellent communication skills in speaking, writing, and even in listening.
- Proven commitment to high quality execution within limited time frames and safety is upheld to the highest standards and the store standard operating procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Confident in approaching and communicating clearly with different people in various situations.
About the Role
You are responsible to ensure a safe, secure, clean and functional environment for our visitors and co-workers. Maintain the building, mechanical operating systems, non-selling furniture, interior and exterior in “shape as new” to promote the image and brand of IKEA.
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Develop and apply the Health & Safety policy.
- Develop and apply the Health & Safety program for the store.
- Train employees on safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Actively participate on risk assessments that need to be completed for health and safety.
- Conduct and handling the safety committee meeting.
- Conduct and leading monthly fire marshals and first aiders meeting.
- Develop KPI for injuries.
- Work with the local authorities and providing the required reports.
- Perform risk assessments for facilities and maintenance equipment.
- Provide HSE technical support for general queries and report on HSE performance and best practices.
- Conduct daily site hazardous tour.
- Provide regular safety training for the new hired and annual refresh training for all IKEA co-workers.
- Ensure that all casual labors and contractors are aware about IKEA safety rules before starting their duties.
- Ensure that fire protection systems are well maintained.
- Working with the maintenance team to ensure that all building equipment is safe and well maintained.
- Create IKEA culture which holds safety as a top priority.
- Track the Health & Safety action plan calendar and ensure that it’s updated and finalized with the dead line.
- Conduct safety audits to ensure that everything is complying with IKEA standards
- Manage the annual safety check list audit from region and ensure that the building comply with all requirements and standards.
- Work with HR to ensure that enough number of first aiders and fire marshals are trained
- Develop and update regularly Health & Safety SOPs.
- Manage the work permit process.
- Ensures execution of all planned and recommended measures to provide safe IKEA Store.
- Support cost controlling through working in a lean , simple , cost-conscious way using good examples and solutions, encouraging colleagues to discover more effective ways of working.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.