IT Coordinator (Relational Database knowledge) | IKEA | Cairo Festival City, Egypt
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to prioritise and organize own work in order to make the most efficient use of time available. You have the ability to work in a fast retail environment. You are enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
More than 3 years experience in the IT - database server knowledge
- Experience in Microsoft Navision or similar ERP solution
In-depth knowledge of database fundamentals such as relationships, primary and foreign key constraints, indexes, etc.
Ability to write SQL scripts to access, define, and manipulate data
Be able to solve technical and software problems and apply preventive actions
Relevant experience from IT in retail environment especially sales systems, goods flow systems and point of sales systems is valuable
Have IT security awareness
Must have strategic, analytical and tactical abilities
Change Management, Mentoring/Coaching, Analytical skills, Good communication skills and Problem solving skills.
Flexible with time and willingness to support/attend calls outside office hours
About the Role
You are responsible to ensure all IT solutions and Interfaces within IKEA systems are effectively managed to support the IKEA retail business according to the IKEA standards.You will also ensure a 24x7 structured and effective support mechanism is established to adequately support the IKEA retail stores in Egypt.
Key Specific Accountabilities
Support IT Strategy
Support the implementation of the short and long term strategy and individual strategies for my store that strongly supports the Inter-IKEA and brand long term strategy and business plan.
Coordinate with Regional Co-ordinator on network and application related interfaces to support PTAG Plus (price communication tool), tool box, IKEA sites, online training, home planning tool (IHP2) and IXP interfaces
- To support the MV-MS Navision – the IKEA IT infrastructure – on a day to day basis ensuring all departments and functionality is utilised to the full – being ‘first-hand’ on the ground support
- Implement necessary upgrades (Service Packs and Hot Fix as per of IKEA Master Version) as appropriate with no impact to the day to day business operations.
Understand the requests from the relevant business functions and provide the relevant and up to date Business Information to support retail operations
Support the in-store IKEA IT Tools - FINDIT, HUTI, iComplete, PTAG Plus, IHP2, IXP agreements, Supply Chain integration (CPC), ICSS tablets (on-line survey), Toolbox- BI, Qlickview BI
Database maintenance - Developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software
Provide the support with various business processes with regard to Logistics & warehousing, POS, Inventory, Finance, Sales, Exchange & Refunds, Store KPIs, Food & Beverages, Customer feedback system. Also support and manage various interfaces - Security systems, Telecommunication system, CCTV interface, Customer counting system, Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT).
Provide technical support of database operations, security administration, space management and server installation. To control user access to the various application database environment to ensure database security, integrity, accuracy and reliability.
Support the IT project Manager in all aspect of implementation of projects into the new stores and operating business – Logistics & Sales Integration testing of Master Version, training & implementing the IT tools.
Process documentation and training in line with the standard working methods and routines recommended by IKEA.
Liaise with the Audit team and implement controls in terms of Cash POS, Exchange & Refund as to prevent any fraudulent transactions.
Adhere to the Regional IT strategies and standards to ensure the IT tools and processes are uniform across different territories.
Support the Retail Website interface with IXP to ensure regular range, stocks, price and location updates on the site.
- Work within the annual IT budget for my store
- Work to ensure to the enhancement and sustainability of the IT architecture for a multi store & multi border environment in line with future expansion as well as existing store operations
- Utilise our external service providers to meet the business needs by forecasting of all IT related requirements ensuring cost effectiveness
- Establish a professional relationship between IT delivery organisation and the user organisations, including local IT in the governance model
- Provide 24 hr assistance when required for the retail & logistics support functions which includes managing user calls, troubleshooting, managing crisis situations which may involve complex hardware or software problems. Also oversee all helpdesk activities at the regional level, interacts with functional managers and give response in a timely manner
- Backup & Recovery: Safeguard the databases by controlling the security and backup processes
- Identifying IT solutions to cross border ways of working and complexities.
- Provide training for managers and co-workers as appropriate on the correct working methods and business processes
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.