HR Executive | IKEA | Mall of Arabia (6th of Oct), Egypt
Job Requisition ID: 44501
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
You effectively work with others by developing trust and respect in order to achieve agreed goals. You have the ability to organize, coordinate and implement the planned actions. You are inspired by working together in fast paced and complex environments. You are interested in people’s everyday life at home and in home furnishings.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Bachelor's Degree in Business
- 2-4 years of experience in HR role handling various HR activities preferrably in Retail or FMCG companies
- Dynamic, ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
About the Role
You will support the store office management with administration, will place necessary orders for store stock and will be in charge of the new employee administration. You will archive documents in a safe and confidential place and will make travel and hotel accommodation arrangements for appointed staff. You will be the first point of contact during auditing to easily provide the required documents or reports and will take care of the integration and induction of the new employees, their welfare, organising social events and annual parties.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Overall responsible for ensuring the new starters have their “Hej” induction pack prepared and are taken through their joining administration, including receiving badges, uniforms, locker keys, swipe card and have their finger print registered.
- Responsible for store policies and procedures and Internal communication.
- Work with the management team to ensure correct and accurate schedule are on the staff management system.
- Consolidate the payroll report at the month end by visiting the Store exceptions on a daily basis. Overall responsibility for keeping record of the attendance levels, overtime, turnover %, Sick leaves, Nationality mix, recruitment tracker, Emirati turnover and holiday in the store.
- Responsible for making travel/hotel arrangements for new employees including existing employees requiring emergency leave liaising with the correct departments in Al Futtaim Travel and Finance to ensure the correct audit trail is in place.
- Provide administrative supports for the store management in various administration related tasks.
- Support the smooth operation of their departments like maintaining records for disciplinary meetings, files, taking minutes of the disciplinary meetings in the absence of the HRBP, printing “Employee of the month/year certificates”.
- Collate power point presentations for general meetings, take notes on the general meetings and circulating them. Producing all relevant KPI reports to help steer the business and keep control.
- Ensure that all stationery/supplies are reviewed regularly and adequately stocked in the store. The JH will be in charge of ordering supplies for the store office on a regular basis.
- Negotiate prices with Vendors, obtains quotations for purchase of office supplies e.g. stationery, uniforms etc.
- Ensure accurate stock counts on delivery of items and forwards approvals to Accounts for payment.
- Organize social events for the co-workers and the annual party.
- Ensure that all in-store office documents (appraisal documents, employees` letters) are archived properly to facilitate easy retrieval when necessary. Including employee warnings letters are filed and easy to be retrieved when necessary.
- Support the department managers to prepare for audits and has to ensure that auditors queries and requirements for any supporting evidence etc. are provided for during the audit.
- Follow up on Probationary reviews 1 moth, 3 months and 5 months to be done and file the probationary forms in the store HR office in order to be easy to retrieve.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.