No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
Lead the carpenters team to the best performance all over the functions
Deal with suppliers to secure all materials required for tasks ready for all store needs.
Achieve the high level of implementation quality for the carpentry needs for all department in general and Comm&In specifically
Control Cairo Comm&In budget to ensure Comm&In activity fully supported within budget, measured through P&L
ESSENTIALS FOR PARTICULAR JOB:
· Carpentry-related work experience. · Craftsmanship and carpentry competence. · Visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics. · Ability to explain ideas and solutions verbally.
· Good attention to details and quality.
· Plan and order materials and resources and ensure costs are accurate and agreed. · Ability to priorities and organize own work in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed deadlines. · Proficient computer skills (Email and Microsoft office) · Prefer Retail and home furnishing experience. · prefer Carpentry experience gained in a commercial business, ideally in the construction and building industry or exhibition installations.
· A passion for home furnishing, retailing, design and how people live at home.
· Ability to work together with others in a team.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.