Jobs home > F&B Procurement Manager | IKEA | Cairo Festival City
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to prioritise and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available. You have the commercial competence and passionate about food. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
Diploma in Culinary or equivalent
5+ years experience of working in vibrant retail F&B or food service business
5+ years of e xperience in procurement, purchasing & store keeping
Strong negotiation skills and ability le to close agreements
Understand KPIs and how to affect their results through departmental actions
Advanced knowledge of food production and food safety
Good English communication skills
MS Office literate
Can lift heavy loads on a daily and weekly basis, so a strong physique is required.
Sales-driven and passionate about food and people
About the Role
You work together with IKEA Food management team and manage the supply chain for the goods flow to secure production is done according to the Kitchen requirement and within the allocated costs. You are responsible for all warehouse/store operations activities including suppliers agreements, ordering and receiving, deliveries, coordinating stock, documenting warehouse transactions, maintaining records and overseeing storage of surplus inventory.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Actively search for efficient suppliers in the market to secure best quality and volume of food in our organization
- Under the regional direction, source ingredients that follows the global IKEA direction like sustainability, traceability and trusted sources.
- Secure all agreements are in place between our Business and Suppliers, always up to date and according to the group procurement policy.
- Report and inform any supply changes with the Food Manager and secure alternative plans for key products.
- Perform a variety of ordering, receiving & stocking activities; maintains inventory and stock records.
- Optimize Costs of goods sold by securing efficient support from suppliers.
- Maintain ordering process so that the stock levels of all the goods in the store are in line with the sales pattern and store capacity.
- Achieve a high service level to customers and a healthy stock balance to avoid overstock and out-of-stock situations.
- Strictly implement and follow up on all safety and security guidelines that are implemented in the storage/receiving areas.
- Maintain racking used in the storage areas as built up according to safety regulations, used in the correct way and weekly maintained and repaired so that safety in all warehouse areas is always in line with rules & guidelines.
- Secure that co-workers take proper care when receiving and storing goods in the store, and reporting any damages of goods accordingly.
- Keep all storage areas clean, tidy and safe.
- Responsible for all warehouse/store operations activities including ordering and receiving, deliveries, coordinating stock, documenting warehouse transactions, maintaining records, and overseeing storage of surplus inventory.
- Plan, execute and follow-up of the store’s commercial calendars in close cooperation with all IFB seniors and IFB manager.
- Secure that goods are received from Goods receiving area and moved to storage locations according to the goods flow guidelines.
- Ensure that the stock figures are correct by teaching all co-workers that work with goods movement how the IT-system operates (PAR Level & Stock Aging from Navision)
- Prevent all damages to goods by securing that co-workers that use any type of goods handling tools do this in a careful way.
- Responsibility for a volume-based resource planning, considering our annual Vitality Calendar and fast moving products.
- Adhere to inventory control procedures, to secure minimal stock shrinkage and loss.
- Ensure that all Goods received are adhered to the local regulations imposed by the Food Safety department and Municipality.
- Collaborate with Regional Service Office by providing all information needed for I-Food implementation.
- Actively developing our Goods recourses to optimize IKEA global direction toward People and Planet.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.