Increase sales by utilizing effective selling skills and tools to satisfy customer needs and to strengthen IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing store.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• Provide visitors with a positive shopping experience by ensuring customer convenience standards in your Sales area are met or exceeded.
• Adhere to inventory control procedures.
• Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworkers and customers.
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur.
• Ensure a positive shopping experience by greeting visitors, being visible and available at all times and managing first contact resolution.
• Provide customers with accurate product information by determining their needs, offering solutions, alternatives and add on sales that meet these needs and contribute to your department’s sales goals.
• Perform department specific routines and tasks, focusing on mechanical sales and keeping the business looking "In Shape as New", always operating at IKEA Commercial Review standards.
• Update yourself on the stock supply situation in your department at the start of each shift and sales steer to what is available today.
• Know and actively work with your department’s priority products, discontinued items and the IKEA Burlington Commercial Calendar to optimize sales.
• Customer oriented, able to prioritize and multi task when necessary in a busy environment.
• Proactive and courteous customer approach.
• Good communication skills.
• Long term availability.
• Strong capacity and interest in working in retail environment & relevant experience.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Interest in home furnishings and building of furniture.
• Computer aptitude.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. (22.7 kg)
• Retail sales experience in a fast paced environment.
• Willingness to share your knowledge and learning.
• High volume, fast-paced retail environment.
• Hours of work include Weekdays, Evenings, Saturday, Sunday,
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We’re the team behind the scenes that make the IKEA products available to the many people. As a diverse mix of co-workers we use our supply process expertise to balance range and space capacity with forecasting and ordering to provide customers with high availability while minimizing costs. If you’ve wonder who’s responsible for finding effective and efficient ways of picking up the products for our customers, that’s us. We’re passionate about working together to improve the customer experience at IKEA!