• Minimum 5 to 7 Years of previous experience at project management level from large-scale retail real estate development
• Minimum 5 years’ experience at management level from large-scale retail real estate development is strongly preferred
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with relationship building and contract negotiations with landowners, landlords and other parties including local government.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in commercial real estate contract negotiations with landowners, landlords and other parties.
• Previous experience of dealing with governmental authorities regarding zoning, planning, permitting, etc. required to open retail and/or customer fulfillment units
• Must reside in Canada and have valid work authorization
• An entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable working alone or in a large team
• Able to work closely with Legal to finalize leases and/or purchase and sale agreements
• Previous experience negotiating and being able to participate in legal conversations
• Strong communicator across all levels of management, both verbally and written
• Understands retail trends and has the ability to see the bigger picture for creating an overall market plan
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across the real estate community with brokers, developers, and other retailers
• Can attend relevant trade shows; ICSC (International Counsel of Shopping Centers)
• Lead the work to secure and divest locations according to the real estate scope in Ingka, by delivering safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions
that meet the needs of the business and the many people.
• Own, control and minimize costs and risks related to the acquisition, divestment, zoning, planning, permitting, value and operation of Ingka properties.
• Manage the procurement and contribution of all necessary external consultants and other stakeholders to enable tasks related to real estate development,
• Support definition, development and securing implementation of Ingka Groups’ internal strategies and processes related to the assignment.
• Develop working relations with local authorities and communities, and proactively engage with authorities to gain support for development, planning and permitting
of Ingka business such as big box retailing, large property developments, logistic developments, shopping centres and mix-use developments. This will include public
speaking and presentations.
• Lead and supervise the approval and execution of all public infrastructure, utilities and other off-site improvements in connection to all new and existing IKEA
• Work with other Ingka functions, real estate partners and local authorities to finalize the projects pending legal obligation and ensure the satisfactory hand-over of
completed projects along with the relative documentation to other functions after completed acquisitions (title) and permits approval (building permit).
• There will be some travel (about 10-15%) within Canada and to the US
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Without us our many co-workers and customers wouldn’t have an IKEA to go to. We make sure to secure, build and maintain our physical locations - from stores to offices to factories – to meet the needs of the many people. Together we lead the way in delivering safe, compliant, sustainable, and innovative solutions for every property. And we feel a great sense of pride in seeing everything working smoothly!