• You bring with you knowledge and experience of meeting and interacting with various business partners.
• You have proven analytical, numerical and financial skills and experience in developing and improving ways of working.
• You have the ability to act within a global framework in order to achieve local, market and organization goals.
• You have a university degree in Economics, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or relevant working experience.
• You bring 2-4 years working experience in supply chain on an operational and/or tactical level.
• You bring with you knowledge of the Supply Chain Optimization Software, Llamasoft Chain Guru and the business Intelligence software, Tableau.
• You have a passion to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Your knowledge includes competence in Multichannel distribution, supply chain, warehousing operations and services. You understand the needs and expectations of customers and co-workers from various touch points within a retail environment. You possess knowledge of relevant IT solutions associated with Customer Fulfilment.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
You will take responsibility for a high-performing multichannel network in our Canadian markets by:
• Conducting multichannel network design and creating roadmaps for the markets
• Compiling development needs and prioritization to secure that the multichannel network concept is built on higher efficiency.
• Preparing business cases and investment requests
• Securing the Multichannel Distribution Network (MCN) concept
• Responsible for organizing communication and reporting of progress towards all relevant stakeholders through all stages of the multichannel network development initiatives
• Contribute to the investment requests process by supporting the evaluation and verification of the logistics concept before final investment request
• Responsible for keeping multichannel network projects aligned with market and business needs
In this role you will report to the Fulfilment Development and Multichannel Network Manager. This role is located in the IKEA Canada Service Office in Burlington, Ontario. This role will require frequent travel both internationally and domestically.
We’re the team behind the scenes that make the IKEA products available to the many people. As a diverse mix of co-workers we use our supply process expertise to balance range and space capacity with forecasting and ordering to provide customers with high availability while minimizing costs. If you’ve wonder who’s responsible for finding effective and efficient ways of picking up the products for our customers, that’s us. We’re passionate about working together to improve the customer experience at IKEA!