You are passionate about communications, a business enabler who is motivated to find better ways of working. You are an agile thinker who is open to change, and you get energized by working both independently and in partnership cross-functionally. You appreciate the mix of strategic thinking and turning communication theory into practice. You have an understanding of business issues and challenges combined with strong experience in working with strategic and tactical communication.
• proven advanced training in Communications or equivalent and 5-7 years of external and internal Communications experience
• the ability to develop a deep understanding of relevant business needs within specific areas of the business
• extensive knowledge of using insights to formulate strategic communications activities that, in turn, will drive the IKEA business
• extensive knowledge of how to lead communications by defining, planning, executing and following up with relevant stakeholders, always keeping co-workers informed, engaged and empowered
• the ability to “hit the ground running”, quickly gaining up to date knowledge of the IKEA corporate identity, core values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people, to ensure the accurate representation of our brand
• extensive knowledge of digital communication channels, management and techniques
• up-to-date knowledge of the complete media landscape (including the latest trends in social media), activation and measurements
• proactive attitude in problem solving and hands-on approach when necessary
• demonstrate the leadership skills that IKEA is looking for, by using sound judgement to make timely and effective decisions
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
What you’ll be doing Day to Day
The purpose with this key position is to develop better business results, enable the transformation and growth of the IKEA business in the market through world class communication. You will lead effective and strategic communication both internally and externally to secure and deliver a strong communication process by defining, planning, executing and following up with relevant stakeholders.
• be a Communications expert and a direct contact and support for communication needs with strong media relations experience
• drive internal and external communication projects, partnering with various stakeholders to meet audience needs while supporting key Leadership to be ambassadors of our brand
• with a clear understanding of the needs of the business, build an understanding of business partners’ objectives in order to tie communications work directly to desired business outcomes
• contribute to the communication strategic planning process ensuring appropriate cross-functional buy-in and prioritization of resources
• drive content development & deployment: enable and accelerate digital delivery and a world-class experience in all digital touchpoints in line with Global guidelines
• contribute/secure the process for country on-duty phone and media product loans
• explore, develop and lead communication initiatives that will position your business areas while contributing to driving the desired business outcomes in alignment with the Country Business Plan
• create communications plans for all initiatives that clearly demonstrate the link between desired business outcome and chosen communications activities
In this role you will report to the Communications and Operations Manager and be located at Burlington Service Office. Bilingualism (English/French) would be considered an asset.
We welcome your application!
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Our team is the voice of IKEA. We use words, pictures and videos to tell the story about IKEA, to build our brand and inspire people with our offer. We bounce ideas back and forth, we challenge each other and we are crazy passionate about communication. Of course we’re also the ones who make sure to keep all our fellow co-workers informed, engaged and connected in a constantly changing business environment.