We are looking for Visual Merchandising/Activity co-worker who with his/her passion and creativity could take the IKEA store to the next level of inspiration and commerciality.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
• Education in Architecture/Interior Design/Fine arts.
• Experience of working with interior design or visual merchandising in a retail environment.
• Good attention to detail.
• Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using relevant software – AutoCad, Sketch Up.
• Good personal disciplines and an ability to work to set deadlines - ability to prioritise and organise own work to make the most efficient use of time available.
• Ability to use and take personal initiative.
• Confident in approaching and communicating clearly with different people in various situations.
• Ability to generate, draw/visualise and present new ideas.
• Achieving goals and delivering results.
• Creative thinking supported by commercial visual competence and a keen eye for aesthetics.
• Actively seeking new and improved ways of working simply and cost-efficiently;
• A practical hands-on approach to working in a fast-paced retail environment.
• Basic communication skills in English.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
Your tasks will include:
• Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
• Actively work to develop and implement:
? store layout as a commercial tool
? range presentation
? store communication
• Plan and implement ideas and solutions in many different styles, functions and price profiles to fit many individual tastes and to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA product range.
• Optimising the use of the IKEA store layout and store media by developing and implementing range presentation solutions that strengthen the connection between the IKEA offer and the everyday lives of people.
• Developing and implementing efficient and effective store communication, supporting self-choice and the mechanical sales system.
• Reflecting the IKEA Brand identity and creating visual impact in all commercial, sales support and co-worker areas.
• Stimulating and increasing the interest for home furnishing in order to grow the customer base and the market.
• Creating trust in the IKEA offer by presenting and communicating solutions for a sustainable life at home.
• Working with vitality to motivate people to visit the IKEA store frequently.
• Securing the use of the store layout to create a good product overview and strong visual impact that facilitates the buying process.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader in life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.